After my brother forced me to go to the Pismo Jamboree, I was motivated to trade in my '04 PreRunner for a 4x4. Thanks to Bob for recommending the year and model and thanks to Lance for all the information about the 4Runners on the phone while I was at the dealer! You guys really helped me out.

Here are some pictures and questions:

The thing is, I bought an '04 V8 4x4. That's all I know. As you can tell from the photos, the emblems have been shaved off. From looking at the paperwork, it only says that I have a white V8 4Runner. I don't know what model I have. I know I don't have the limited because the seats are not leather. Other than that, I have no idea. I wanted to get new tires pretty soon, but I was told that I should raise it at the same time and get smaller rims. The wheels I have are P265 / 70R17. Are these stock sizes? Can I just get All Terrains with 17's or should I move down to 16's first? I'd rather not spend the money if I don't have to and I don't know the pro's/con's of switching wheel sizes.

When I bought the 4Runner, I had nothing to compare to. The one I bought is not stock. Didn't realize it when I was test driving it, but while waiting in the lobby, I told the wife I didn't think it was stock because the exhaust was so loud and the drone in the car was also loud. I just thought it was the V8, but noticed the aftermarket intake afterwards.

The exhaust tip says "Gibson", but I have no idea if it's just the tip or the pipe also.

Sorry for the long post, but can anyone tell from the pictures what model I have? And will it affect my decisions on lifting it later? I want to do a 3" lift. Will that just be shocks/springs or will it get more involved than that? If I can find out what I have, than I can hopefully do a search for the other info.

Thanks!!

kafene.