Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: need urgent help! first gen ifs steering box near big bear

need urgent help! first gen ifs steering box near big bear

our fellow user patrick (strikersd i believe) is stranded with a stripped out power steering box offroad. he has no steering and desperately needs a box to install to get him off of the trail

autozone wants nearly 400 dollars and 3 days.

if anyone can lend a box, that would be great. temps are below freezing at night. i think i will go up there if i cant get ahold of anyone else. we at least would like to get his vehicle off of the trail, but this seems difficult with no steering.

thank you for your help. please PM me if you have anything that could help him. the email will go straight to my phone.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Re: need urgent help! first gen ifs steering box near big bear

Sean let me know if you plan on heading up there, I get off work at 3 and could come assist
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

bummer, hopefully someone can get him one. Sean and Scuba, if you do go up there, be sure to get some pics for the snow wheelin' thread.
    My signature

I was just up there in big bear with Patrick yesterday!
    I cross posted this in ttora, Sean did you post on yotatech by chance?
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

i have not posted this anywhere else. truck is nearly reassembled, im thinking of leaving as soon as i get it put back together

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Well hell wait for me! I don't know my way around the back country to save my life..

leaving now

So he's good and fixed then or I can try a family member in Lone Pine to see if he still has a '93 box?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    So he's good and fixed then or I can try a family member in Lone Pine to see if he still has a '93 box?
    Another member (DLM, David) found an IFS box in a local bone yard and last I heard was on the way to take it out to him. I had a feeling we werent going to be able to find a box today, so I was thinking we would need a few people to head out and drag him out to the road. I was planning on going but they would have been done by the time I got there..

fixed, home and finally warm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast