Thread: Rear cargo net

Rear cargo net

Does any one have or have any experience with rear cargo nets and screens with their 3rd gen? I found this place but they seem pretty basic and almost home made. We tend to load the heck out of the cargo area as we can't put the seats down any more (baby seat) and I thought one of these would be nice to keep everything in and safe. Just looking for something that isn't too expensive for what it is and maybe someone with some experience.

Re: Rear cargo net

mike,

i got the factory one and its pretty handy for groceries. i'd definitely get one.

edit: just clicked the link...oh no, no experience w/ those barrier type nets

bob

I've got the factory shade thing and I've always got it closed to hide my goodies. Once we pack for a trip or go off road out it comes.

i like the net because it has some give, is most likely quiet and isn't hard.

I looked into those and thought about making my own. There isn't a great upper mounting point inline with the seats is the problem. Sooo that would require drilling and I lost interest at that point. Alternatively I was considering using a metal dog barrier i have and figuring out a mounting system on my cargo box.

I like these mesh style ones.
    1999 Toyota 4runner Limited 4x4 E-Locker: DR Coilovers ~ Camburg UCA's ~ OME 890+10mm ~ Icon Rear 2.5 Resi's ~ 235/85/16 Hankook Dynapro MT's ~ LC Rims

Raingler is bigger in the nissan world since the XOC guys took them to heart when they first started up. They tried to break into the toyota world at YT, but for some reason people were just ambivalent about them. You can try searching around on the nissan sites to get some better feedback.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Thanks. If I had a sewing machine capabile of going through thick webbing (and knew how to sew) I'd make one. I guess I'll have to seek out some mounting points before I pursue this much more.

I was interested in that a while back and emailed the people in your link and they said basically he wouldn't recommend it on my 3rd gen due to lack of upper mounting points - especially if you want to keep baby safe from heavy objects in the cargo area.
    &#039;97 4Runner SR5<br />Front: Tundra Coils/Tokico Trekmasters&nbsp; | Rear: LC Shocks &amp; Coils + SS rear &quot;fixes&quot; | Custom Sliders <br />285/75 Maxxis Bighorn Radials | Retrofit E-Locker | TJM T15 | Custom Rear Bumper | Warn m8000

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    Does any one have or have any experience with rear cargo nets and screens with their 3rd gen? I found this place but they seem pretty basic and almost home made.
    Just saw a pic of a Raingler net installed in a &#39;97 here

looks decent - a bit of open space at the top, might be able to adjust the net up a bit though
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

that does look nice. i do hope it can go up further though as well. hate to spend that money and have some thing whale me in the head still.