Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 305's or 285's?! HELP!

Re: 305's or 285's?! HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by localmotion
    do you really need the extra width of a 305? It seems from your post that you only want them because they look cool. Dont get me wrong, they do look nice, but if its going to be that big of a pita, keep the 285s

You had the 305 on...why didnt you just swap tires for a day and you test them out...that would be the best thing to do.
    He doesn't need the extra width of the 305's. Hell yeah he wants them because they look cool I mean isn't that part of the deal you build your rig to wheel and look cool? I do agree 285's might be the way to go just for looking really nice and agressive but not overdoing it. And don't get me wrong I like Fink he's one of my Friends but im not taking off my brand new tires and letting Fink run around on them for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by bamachem
    honestly, it's going to be close.

the easiest way to check would be to put them on, turn the wheel to reduce the gap to it's minimum, then jack up that lower suspension arm to stuff that wheel and see what it does.

it's going to be close...
    Your right it is close that's what we did yesterday and it was real close but it's a little hard to get the tires to flex all the way like they would on the trail. I think 285's are the safe way to go and 305's are maybe pushing it a little either way I think they look nice.

do you rub on the metal of your bumper ADH? It seems that you have the same set up as 4x4fink.
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

not driving around town but like I said I just got these tires put on and haven't had time do do any wheeling. So I don't know where I'll rub when I wheel. However I'm willing to cut down and do whatever I have to do to make them not rub.

I was going to suggest that we swap all 4 for a day but really...that would only let me figure out whether I was going to rub in the city, I wouldn't be able to hit any good trails or do any major flexing. As of right now, I think I'm leaning more towards the 285's. Sticking with what I know has always worked for me in the past. I usually tend to like the taller narrower look anyway.

I won't know til this weekend whether I can afford the swap or not but if I go with the 285's then I most likely will be able to.

Thanks for all the help,

Fink

Well...after about 2 hours of sorting through pics online last night. I think I'm gonna go with 285's. It's pretty much a done deal...gotta get some help with the funds from my Pops but after that it's a go.

I've got a brand new BFG M/T 285/75-16 that's been on my spare rim since I've had this set and it has never seen pavement. If you want it make me a deal.

I'll post up when the word is final.

Thanks,

Fink

might save you a few bones too, ive noticed 305s vs 285s in price is usually like 15 to 20 more a tire if not more.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

You're right man, it does.

The 285's are ~$186/tire where as the $305's are ~$211/tire.

Quite a big difference.

Thanks for the post man,

Fink

I run 305's but i also have the tjm helping me out with the clearance. Oh..and they look really cool. You should get them.
    2000 4runner | 3.4L | e-locker | TJM T-15 | 305/70/16 maxxis buckshot | powdercoated procomp 1069&#039;s |Lightforce 170&#039;s | Yakima Load Warrior Rack | Warn M8000 | 4crawler 1&quot; BL | Front:OME lift 881&#039;s w/ 1 1/4&quot; daystar spacers + N91S shocks. Rear: OME 891&#039;s w/N86 shocks | Stubbs welding sliders

That's the thing...if I had an aftermarket front bumper then by all means, I'd have 305's. I probably would have gone with them back when I first got the 285's.

Either way, they're gonna look beefy and probably still seem bigger.

Thanks for all the help guys,

Later,

Fink

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12