Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Believing in Santa

Believing in Santa

If your little kids are sitting on your lap reading this, don't scroll down...

How old is too old to believe in santa? There's a 10 year old girl who comes into my wife's office and she believes in the tooth fairy and santa. Isn't 10 years old a little too old to believe in that stuff?
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Re: Believing in Santa

My nearly 10 year old is on the fence. My 11 doesn't believe. My 8 believes.

Bad thing is, one kid in their class with an older brother will end up ruining it for them.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

I was like 7 when I figured it out cause at school the kids talked about it and then on xmas eve I saw my mom taking the stuff out of the attic.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Tourist

The oldest kid I know was 12 when she finally admitted she knew Santa wasn't real. She actually knew well before that but didn't want to say it out loud and would adamantly stick to her guns when he belief was questioned.
    '96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f200/habaner...thread-201751/
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!

Santa is real, I know cause I just finished wrapping the gifts I bought from him.....

Lemme put on the psych and Daddy hats at the same time here..

We feel it depends on whether or not you're religious. I was taught about St. Nick and Jesus, so we always understand the true meaning this time of year and what it means to be a Christian. It is the underlying symbolism that holds the true value and whether or not you believe it helps in parenting and how best to integrate it into the childrens lives.

Kids will find out eventually no matter what, but in doing so, they learn about the process that went into representing it and grow themselves.

Basically what I'm implying is it isn't upon you or I to be the party responsible for tearing that innocense away from them, leave that to the mean big kid instead.

Besides, AFAIK, it is the bigger loudmouth kid that usually ruins things and ends up being a loser later in life anyhow for always talking about things that are none of their business.

So it sounds like 10 yrs old is about the time then. This falls in line with what the girl thinks, because she is starting to be skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    Basically what I'm implying is it isn't upon you or I to be the party responsible for tearing that innocense away from them, leave that to the mean big kid instead.
    I think it would be the parent's responsibility to eventually let them in on the secret because there would be something wrong with a 17 year old kid who still truly believes in santa and the tooth fairy.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Dang it, I didn't find out until I read this thread.

i was 9/10. at 9, i kinda knew, but mom explained to me that if i stop believing, he stops existing to me. so i milked it for another year!

our kids will grow up believing in santa. i think its good for their imagination and to believe in something bigger than themselves and their parents. besides, it means i can give them coal for x-mas if they are really bad (incarcerated for more than 4 days)
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

got most of you beat, 13 when i stopped. regardless, its about the spirit, why ruin it for them? the movies the lights the entire atmosphere is great.

The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast