Thread: Please clear this up for me! Rim question....

Please clear this up for me! Rim question....

Heres my situation..
    as of now im running 315/75/16 MTZ on my 01 4runner. I have stock wheels and 1.25 wheel spacers. Im wanting to completely lose the spacers and get some black steel rims. Can someone please post up a link for the exact rims I need? Whats the backspacing and specs im needing to be able to eliminate the spacers? Would wheelers type B work? What about the link I posted..will they work? Please help. Ive serched diff sites and posted on a few diff sites with no luk as of yet. Thanks!

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Ro...=PCW98-6883MS4
    WWW.FABTHATINC.COM

Re: Please clear this up for me! Rim question....

If your current setup is working, ie no rubbing..
    You need a wheel that has 1.25" less backspacing then stock to have the same setup as now.

So say you have 5" BS on stock wheels you need 3.75 BS wheels.

I cant remember what stock BS is on your wheels so Im no help there.

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

what Scuba said - you need to know what your stock back spacing is and subtract the width of your spacers. IIRC Toyota used 4.75" backspacing through the 80's and at least most of the 90's . . . not sure if/when they changed that
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Stock backspacing on a 3rd gen 4Runner should be 4.625", which means your effective backspace with teh spacers is 3.375". I think you need a total backspace of under 4" to run 315's, maybe around 3.75".
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Can anyone help me find ones that will fit? I was looking on 4wheel parts but cant find any..I want to prder from there because of free shipping and 25 percent off. Makes it like 300 shipped to my door. Just having some trouble though. Thanks everyone!
    WWW.FABTHATINC.COM

I suppose these would work..
    http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/M-...pn=M%2fT368412

so would these
    http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/M-...pn=M%2fT368412

there&#39;s a ton more..
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

a 16x8 rim with 3.5 to 3.75 BS should work
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

My searching skills must be terrible. I cant find any rims in that size! I looked at the one that scuba posted and thats all I can find lol. Im just looking for some blak steel rims that will fit w/o spacers.
    WWW.FABTHATINC.COM