Thread: What Spark Plugs/Wires to Use

What Spark Plugs/Wires to Use

I have a 1995 Toyota 4Runner 5speed with a new long block with 12000 miles on it on mobil 1 oil. Any recommendations on plugs and wires?? Can I just use cheap plugs or do I need something better?? Whats are the pros and cons or regular vs platiam plugs etc.... Also are there any other do's and don't about this motor I should know about maintiance wise. I want to keep my truck I tip top running order

Thanks in Advance
    Kevin

Re: What Spark Plugs/Wires to Use

You can't go wrong using Toyota OEM Denso plugs and wires.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Nippon Denso or NGK for the plugs - DO NOT use Bosch, for some reason Asian vehicles don't like German spark plugs - regular, platinum or iridium only really makes a difference in how often you'll need to change them (plat or iridium last longer)
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

I've got the 3.4l and just did the plugs and wires. I used OEM stuff from the dealer and everything went in perfect with great results.

use the standard stock plugs and wires from the dealer for the best performance with a stock setup. it will be by far the most reliable.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Last time I changed my plugs, I used NGK. I also use OEM wires.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Thanks Guys

so dealer stuff seems to be the way to go

Ditto to above, Denso (OEM) or NGK only.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD