Thread: Interior Lights 3rd Gen. (2001)

Interior Lights 3rd Gen. (2001)

I have a few "dark" switches and elements in my 2001 4Runner.
    I looked at factory manual I have in my glove box, but couldn't find any information of how to change the bulbs there and if there is a bulb existing at each particular location.

If anyone changed any of the bulbs showed bellow or have any information on this issue, could you share such information.

See images for details:

Alex<br /><br />2005 4Runner V6 Limited<br />Custom LT 5.5&quot;, 35&quot;, 4.56, ARB locker<br />Custom ARB + CBI bumpers, Snorkel<br />Warn 9.5xp, Custom Roof Rack, Hella HIDs<br /><br />2001 4Runner V6 Limited<br />3.5&quot; lift, 33&quot;<br />Hella 4000s<br />Custom ARB + CBI bumpers, Snorkel - coming<br /><br />2009 AE Expedition Trailer<br />35&quot;

Re: Interior Lights 3rd Gen. (2001)

Diff lock can be lit and from what I can tell isn't lit from the factory. The tacomas are, I think. The dimmer knob is just a knob and is not lit. You can pull it straight off. My cigarette lighter ring is lit from a small bulb directly behind the bezel. The ash tray is the same although mine is no longer lit. bulb must be out. Your other 2 buttons must have bulbs out. I'm not sure they are replaceable without replacing the switch. My dealer didn't know that the glove box even had a bulb.

Just realized after reading your thread on Expo that it's for an '01. If so you don't have the rr diff lock but you have the center diff lock. I don't think that switch lights up. It looks like the rr diff lock switch in your picture though. Pop the switch out and look at the pins on the back. Better yet snap a pic and post it up. There maybe some unused pins that will light up the switch with the dash lights.

Picture is not of my truck, as its cold outside to go and snap from the one on driveway. -29 is cold...
    Alex<br /><br />2005 4Runner V6 Limited<br />Custom LT 5.5&quot;, 35&quot;, 4.56, ARB locker<br />Custom ARB + CBI bumpers, Snorkel<br />Warn 9.5xp, Custom Roof Rack, Hella HIDs<br /><br />2001 4Runner V6 Limited<br />3.5&quot; lift, 33&quot;<br />Hella 4000s<br />Custom ARB + CBI bumpers, Snorkel - coming<br /><br />2009 AE Expedition Trailer<br />35&quot;

The switch that rolls the rear window up and down can be replaced. There's a small screw in the back of it that you need to take out in order to do so.

I'm not sure about the defrost/transmission buttons. My defrost lights up with a little orange square, and I THINK the other is the same but green. I'm not sure they can be replaced though. I haven't looked.