Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My 27" iMac just shipped!

Re: My 27" iMac just shipped!

*FWIW go to MSNBC and keep up the geek factor, there's a bunch of Apple stuff playing the past few days!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=13019434

ok so it's been almost a month.

This thing is amazing. I now have Windows 7 installed via bootcamp to replace vista, and thanks to Apple finally releasing software/driver support, MW2 runs INSANELY well. I am able to run at full res (2560x1440) without a blip of slowdown. Literally never misses a beat, loads each level about 40% faster, graphics are amazing. The 27" screen can make you a little dizzy if you're not used to it, but wow.

Anyway, as far as overall utility, this imac is as useful as any other ..I use a 24" at work and they're pretty much the same. Where they differ is how this iMac processes tasks and programs / loading of data and also the way it handles multi-tasking. I have photoshop, mail, ical, firefox, parallels instance of xp, pulsar (sirius app), itunes, bbedit and quicktime 7 pro open right now and you'd think I had only text edit up

I am seriously very impressed with this combination of quad core i7, the 4850 graphics card and 8 gigs of ram. It runs like a beast.

I've also got an entire dev environment set up as I recently made a few dynamic php sites for work, and always have our jsp applications ready to edit, and it is an amazing Unix server environment for development.

Anyway, thought maybe some may be curious, so I figured I'd update
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Well, being the butthead who cant seem to stop spending money that I am, I sold my 23" monitor (pictured above) and picked up this beauty:

Samsung P2770HD 27" LCD 1080P monitor / HDTV

I got it for about 70 bucks off retail in-store cost through a seller on ebay.

The dinky 23" screen next to the glorious 27" was just too big a contrast, I couldn't stand dragging things between screens and watching the quality and color change.

I know I know, I'm insane.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123