Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KOH 2010

KOH 2010

Alright guys KOH is right around the corner, Since I missed it last year I'm going to try my damnedest to be there this year.

Who's planning on going and when are you planning on arriving ? I think im going to skip school on the friday the day the race starts and show up then.

I'm open to make some plans to meet up with anyone to camp out with and watch the race or whatever. I'm not the type to just show up to a huge event like this with no one to meet up with.
    So someone needs to hold my hand
    Troy ? J Money ? Chris (slosurfer) didn't you come down last year ?

The dates are February 8th-13th.
    Here is the schedule http://www.kingofthehammers.com/schedules.php
    I have school the whole week, but can manage to skip one class on friday to come see the race.

So what's up with it ?
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Re: KOH 2010

im gonna try for sure. just not sure what my plans are.

Scuba just FYI the race day is Friday, all the pre-races are Monday-Thursday

Im going to try and get there on Tuesday depending on $$ and work but if all else fails I WILL be there Thursday at the latest!

Ill be in either one of these:
    [img width=800 height=598]http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc245/tonytoolpimp/FITD%2008/P1010029.jpg[/img]
    OR
    [img width=800 height=598]http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc245/tonytoolpimp/bender%2009/P1010006.jpg[/img]

I really want to make it. All depends on how my mom is doing and how work is. I may have to pull an all nighter like last time. Left Fri morning at 1:30am, got to the lakebed around 6:30am, watched the race, left around 5pm and got home about midnight.
    My signature

Joe and I will be out there. We're gonna head out sometime after work on Thursday and stay at least until Saturday.

is there much going on there sat and sunday? or do the competitors split after the race? i might not be able to get up there during the week but id still like to see those trails and buggies

Quote Originally Posted by YotaGirl
    Joe and I will be out there. We're gonna head out sometime after work on Thursday and stay at least until Saturday.
    This time I'm going to watch the whole start and not race off to race mile 80 right away.
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    is there much going on there sat and sunday? or do the competitors split after the race? i might not be able to get up there during the week but id still like to see those trails and buggies
    Mostly trail and camp clean up. A lot of the racers will leave Sat. keep in mind some of them will have been there for a week or two straight.

I'm planning on going, but I won't be of much help, I've never been out to Johnson Valley. After watching some videos of last years race I was wondering, can you follow the racers along the course, like every 10 miles or do you have to pick one spot in the morning and just camp out there to get a good view of the race? Either way I'm leaving San Diego late Thursday night and planning to be there anywhere from 2AM-4AM Friday morning.

Pat I think we would just have to pick a spot on one of the trails that's easily accessible by foot and park as close to it as possible, then hike it. I could be wrong IDK
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast