Thread: 95-04 Tacoma; 96-02 4Runner Upper Control Arms

95-04 Tacoma; 96-02 4Runner Upper Control Arms

I've got 4 sets of these on sale for $399.99

The UCA’s are adjustable replacement arms offering extra clearance between the tire and control arm as well as in the front spring area. The arms use a larger heavy duty ball joint with a rubber boot to keep moisture and dirt out, while keeping the grease in, thus preventing noise. They feature adjustable camber and caster so alignment on any lift can be dialed in perfectly. They will work with any lift that uses the stock arms yet there is no need for longer CV’s. They will also add some more flex too due to the increased ball joint size and travel.

Dylan<br />---------------<br />www.toyteclifts.com<br />dylan@toyteclifts.com

Re: 95-04 Tacoma; 96-02 4Runner Upper Control Arms

very nice product! im looking forward to seeing some reviews on these, and i might pick some of these up the next time i need new upper balljoints.

thanks for sharing with us!

Edit: it's also very nice to see companies still innovating for the ( almost ) forgotten 3rd gen 4runner!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

those look nice! i bet they will sell like hotcakes on the east coast where i sure wouldnt want a uniball in the road salt

Never really thought of that..

Darrick, couple questions.

These are extended travel uca's right?

Are there zerk fittings to grease the bushings on the arm pivot's? Doesn't appear so.
    What do these ball joints come from? Are they propriatary? It doesn't appear that there is a grease zerk for the actual ball joint?

Lastly, what company makes these?
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

*Scuba, FWIW you can always (carefully) drill and tap the top-nock for a fitting using the drill and tap slowly with a small magnet and grease to catch the pieces.

Ditto the q/a on the spec&#39;s as I wonder how they stack up against some other offerings out there.. http://www.sonoransteel.com/store_shaved_upper_arm.html

I believe these are the new Light Racing control arms... ToyTec recently started carrying them per another thread.

Light Racing has had an offering for the newer trucks for a minute, but these arms are new product, though.
    --- Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba
    Darrick, couple questions.

These are extended travel uca's right?
    Are there zerk fittings to grease the bushings on the arm pivot's? Doesn't appear so.
    Lastly, what company makes these?
    They are extended travel UCA's but not to the point of needing new CV's.

There is not a grease zerk for greasing the bushing. The arms feature a sealed oversize ball joint for maintenance free operation.

Light Racing manufactures both the ball joints and the ARMS. Like mentioned, they have been selling the UCA for the 05 and up Tacoma's for a few years now, but they finally just designed one for the 1st gen Tacoma's.

Hope that helps.