Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rear axle seal leakage?

Re: rear axle seal leakage?

the 4x4wire writeup shows u how to do the bearing without the fab'd tool. SLAM...da da da...Ill ask my toy mech if he does them 2 nite. hes in OC as am i. he works as mech at toy 27 yrs..does side stuff at his house. otherwise ive got a guy in simi for this...$60 a side i think.

the only bearings to be used should be those from toyota. grapevine of texas pricing below.

90363-40020-77 bearing 53.81
    42423-20010 retainer 14.38
    90310-50006 seal 5.04
    90313-48001 seal 4.20
    90301-88077 o ring 3.35
    3GT4SCLT; need rear suspension stat!

Thanks a bunch for the part numbers jrock! you da man! looks like im going to start searching for shops... and the journey begins.
    2002 Stellar Blue Pearl SR5 4WD Sport Edition

The seal on the axle housing is easy to replace, its the one on the shaft thats the issue and will need pressing.

One on the housing all you gotta do is unbolt the axle and rear wheel cylinder and go to town. Only need basic hand tools too.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

WOW longo toyota out here wants $90 each bearing and like $8 for each seal and like $5 for the o-rings!? thats like more than 30% of what you listed for grapevine toyota. When i said these prices are from a dealership in texas they said "impossible thats below cost". Needless to say I walked away and now shopping online.
    2002 Stellar Blue Pearl SR5 4WD Sport Edition

ya just call up texas toyota of grapevine parts...i think his name is Robert. Something about Texas dealerships not being part of toyota usa...or maybe its just the taxes...they are cheaper than a san diego dealer even with 20% off!!!!!!!

BTW, i just remembered, i got the seals at NAPA. The bearings are really the only part to get from toyota.

Napa bearings are chinese...machinist whom replaces them say there a no go.
    3GT4SCLT; need rear suspension stat!

texas toyota is part of gulf states toyota network. theres another in the florida region called Southeast if i recall correctly.

"Napa bearings are chinese...machinist whom replaces them say there a no go."

That's because in China they are called beallings!

Quote Originally Posted by groober
    "Napa bearings are chinese...machinist whom replaces them say there a no go."

That's because in China they are called beallings!

Very awesome and informative first post, dude.
    Thanks for the info, but please try to be more ethnicly sensitive next time
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12