Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Concealed weapons on college grounds

Re: Concealed weapons on college grounds

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    I usually log on to these sites to gain knowledge about my Runner, but when I saw the thread related to the VT thing I couldn't help myself. I'll know better for next time to keep it about Toyotas.
    Why? That's what this forum is for, to express each of our political views no matter which side we're on. Yes, there are more pro-gun people on this site than anti-gun, but we pride ourselves in keeping these debates mature and without personal attacks.

Remember, the object of a debate is not to change the mind of your opponent, but to change the mind of the audience. And above all, have fun at doing it.
    I am definitely not anti-gun. I own guns and enjoy hunting, trap shooting, and the likes. I just do not think that it is a good idea for students or professors to conceal guns on a college campus. I would not feel safer if the student to my left or right were carrying a gun. I pay my hard earned money to go to school and get a quality education, not to worry about which jerk I shouldn't piss off because he/she may have a gun. I know there will always be assholes that have violent motives at school, but this can happen anywhere.

Thanks for clarifying, but why do you feel, "I'll know better for next time to keep it about Toyotas."

That's the point I was getting at.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

To say that if someone armed would just cause more people to be killed is silly. The folks who break laws are always going to do so, at any case, However why should someone I love or my self become victims to them?

We know that there are less lethal ways to deal with violence but when that fails why shouldn't I be able to defend myself? You are still going to go for the ride. You will be arrested and possibly charged and it will cost plenty. It isn't something I feel like I really want to do but, by no means do I want to die before my time at some scumbags idea of getting money for more drugs, or what ever!

Right now the technology doesn't allow you to set your phasers on stun, maybe in the future and that would be great! Heck, there are plenty of people I would walk around and just "stun," because I can.

To check on CCW laws in your state you need to go to www.packing.org they may be able to clarify some of different laws and requirements for your state. TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Tell me please, why do these rampage/mass murderers not seize police precincts and military bases as targets for their rage?
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck
    Tell me please, why do these rampage/mass murderers not seize police precincts and military bases as targets for their rage?
    Because these cooks now that those places are secure and there are many armed people there to deal with them!

With what college cost and rising year after year. I feel that the time has come for and armed guard at each building on campus 24/7 when school is in session. when school is out of session then these buildings need to be secured and locked!!! TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck
    Because these cooks now that those places are secure and there are many armed people there to deal with them!

With what college cost and rising year after year. I feel that the time has come for and armed guard at each building on campus 24/7 when school is in session. when school is out of session then these buildings need to be secured and locked!!! TJ

jim,

that was a rhetorical question, my friend

on another note, i dont mind teachers being armed (if they choose to do so) and plain clothed officers to patrol schools. i guess this is just a different world now with people who are willing to kill themselves but take many more down in the process.

as fuster tried to point out w/ the rhetorical question, no criminal is stupid enough to take down a place where he/she knows that there are armed people ready to take them out too.

bob

bob

at least this lady gets the idea behind why concealed carry is a GOOD idea:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,267540,00.html

82-Year-Old Ex-Beauty Queen Stops Intruder by Shooting Out Tires

Saturday, April 21, 2007

WAYNESBURG, Ky. — Miss America 1944 has a talent that likely has never appeared on a beauty pageant stage: She fired a handgun to shoot out a vehicle's tires and stop an intruder.

Venus Ramey, 82, confronted a man on her farm in south-central Kentucky last week after she saw her dog run into a storage building where thieves had previously made off with old farm equipment.

Ramey said the man told her he would leave. "I said, 'Oh, no you won't,' and I shot their tires so they couldn't leave," Ramey said.

She had to balance on her walker as she pulled out a snub-nosed .38-caliber handgun.

"I didn't even think twice. I just went and did it," she said. "If they'd even dared come close to me, they'd be 6 feet under by now."

Ramey then flagged down a passing motorist, who called 911.

Curtis Parrish of Ohio was charged with misdemeanor trespassing, Deputy Dan Gilliam said. The man's hometown wasn't immediately available. Three other people were questioned but were not arrested.

After winning the pageant with her singing, dancing and comedic talents, Ramey sold war bonds and her picture was adorned on a B-17 that made missions over Germany in World War II, according to the Miss America Web site.

Ramey lived in Cincinnati for several years and was instrumental in helping rejuvenate Over-the-Rhine historic buildings. She returned to Kentucky in 1990 to live on her farm.

"I'm trying to live a quiet, peaceful life and stay out of trouble, and all it is, is one thing after another," she said.
    -andy

Ted Nugent is spot-on in my opinion:

Nugent: Gun-free zones are recipe for disaster

WACO, Texas (CNN) -- Zero tolerance, huh? Gun-free zones, huh? Try this on for size: Columbine gun-free zone, New York City pizza shop gun-free zone, Luby's Cafeteria gun-free zone, Amish school in Pennsylvania gun-free zone and now Virginia Tech gun-free zone.

Anybody see what the evil Brady Campaign and other anti-gun cults have created? I personally have zero tolerance for evil and denial. And America had best wake up real fast that the brain-dead celebration of unarmed helplessness will get you killed every time, and I've about had enough of it.

Nearly a decade ago, a Springfield, Oregon, high schooler, a hunter familiar with firearms, was able to bring an unfolding rampage to an abrupt end when he identified a gunman attempting to reload his .22-caliber rifle, made the tactical decision to make a move and tackled the shooter.

A few years back, an assistant principal at Pearl High School in Mississippi, which was a gun-free zone, retrieved his legally owned Colt .45 from his car and stopped a Columbine wannabe from continuing his massacre at another school after he had killed two and wounded more at Pearl.

At an eighth-grade school dance in Pennsylvania, a boy fatally shot a teacher and wounded two students before the owner of the dance hall brought the killing to a halt with his own gun.

More recently, just a few miles up the road from Virginia Tech, two law school students ran to fetch their legally owned firearm to stop a madman from slaughtering anybody and everybody he pleased. These brave, average, armed citizens neutralized him pronto.

My hero, Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp, was not allowed by Texas law to carry her handgun into Luby's Cafeteria that fateful day in 1991, when due to bureaucrat-forced unarmed helplessness she could do nothing to stop satanic George Hennard from killing 23 people and wounding more than 20 others before he shot himself. Hupp was unarmed for no other reason than denial-ridden "feel good" politics.

She has since led the charge for concealed weapon upgrade in Texas, where we can now stop evil. Yet, there are still the mindless puppets of the Brady Campaign and other anti-gun organizations insisting on continuing the gun-free zone insanity by which innocents are forced into unarmed helplessness. Shame on them. Shame on America. Shame on the anti-gunners all.

No one was foolish enough to debate Ryder truck regulations or ammonia nitrate restrictions or a "cult of agriculture fertilizer" following the unabashed evil of Timothy McVeigh's heinous crime against America on that fateful day in Oklahoma City. No one faulted kitchen utensils or other hardware of choice after Jeffrey Dahmer was caught drugging, mutilating, raping, murdering and cannibalizing his victims. Nobody wanted "steak knife control" as they autopsied the dead nurses in Chicago, Illinois, as Richard Speck went on trial for mass murder.

Evil is as evil does, and laws disarming guaranteed victims make evil people very, very happy. Shame on us.

Already spineless gun control advocates are squawking like chickens with their tiny-brained heads chopped off, making political hay over this most recent, devastating Virginia Tech massacre, when in fact it is their own forced gun-free zone policy that enabled the unchallenged methodical murder of 32 people.

Thirty-two people dead on a U.S. college campus pursuing their American Dream, mowed-down over an extended period of time by a lone, non-American gunman in illegal possession of a firearm on campus in defiance of a zero-tolerance gun law. Feel better yet? Didn't think so.

Who doesn't get this? Who has the audacity to demand unarmed helplessness? Who likes dead good guys?

I'll tell you who. People who tramp on the Second Amendment, that's who. People who refuse to accept the self-evident truth that free people have the God-given right to keep and bear arms, to defend themselves and their loved ones. People who are so desperate in their drive to control others, so mindless in their denial that they pretend access to gas causes arson, Ryder trucks and fertilizer cause terrorism, water causes drowning, forks and spoons cause obesity, dialing 911 will somehow save your life, and that their greedy clamoring to "feel good" is more important than admitting that armed citizens are much better equipped to stop evil than unarmed, helpless ones.

Pray for the families of victims everywhere, America. Study the methodology of evil. It has a profile, a system, a preferred environment where victims cannot fight back. Embrace the facts, demand upgrade and be certain that your children's school has a better plan than Virginia Tech or Columbine. Eliminate the insanity of gun-free zones, which will never, ever be gun-free zones. They will only be good guy gun-free zones, and that is a recipe for disaster written in blood on the altar of denial. I, for one, refuse to genuflect there.
    -andy

Are events wherein armed and responsible citizens using weapons to force criminal behavior to an end not news worthy? Why are these reports not present in the national news cycle?
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

because that wouldn't further the agenda of the liberal media to disarm the American public. duhhhh!
    -andy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234