Thread: Help me build my body lift...

Help me build my body lift...

Ok, so I've debated and debated... I can't figure out what I do and do not need... I don't like to spend money where I don't need to...

I'll be contacting RB to get the parts... And here's what I'm looking at...

1.5" Lift - to better clear tires (305's) and a more aggressive stance

-- I have an ARB winch bumper, and am fabbing my rear bumper this weekend.
    ------ No front bumper brackets...
    -- Steering extension? Yes/ No?
    -- Radiator Drop Bracket? Yes/No?
    -- 9th/10th Body mounts? Are they really needed?

Any other issues, parts, general "stuff" I need to consider?

Thanks for helping answer my newb-ish question guys!
    --Chris--<br />Facebook Me!<br />1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited / Sonoran Steel 1.2 Lift / 4Crawler Offroad 2&quot; Body Lift / ProComp 8069 16x8 / 315-75 GoodYear Duratracs / Modified ARB front / BruceTS Rear / WABFAB custom stuffs

Re: Help me build my body lift...

first, do you have a 96? thats what the extra two body mounts are meant for. if you do have a 96, id recommend them especially with a body lift of that size.

you dont need a front bumper bracket.

steering extension, yes!

radiator drop bracket, if it was a 1", you can get away without one, id recommend one for a 1.5" though

spend the extra money and get the larger OD blocks, its worth it. also spend the money and get the heavy duty hardware, its also worth it. if you are going to do a body lift, do it right!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Re: Help me build my body lift...

Yep, it's a '96... And I'm leaning towards exactly what you said, just wanted to hear someone else, who knows what they are talking about, confirm it for me! Thanks, Sean!
    --Chris--<br />Facebook Me!<br />1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited / Sonoran Steel 1.2 Lift / 4Crawler Offroad 2&quot; Body Lift / ProComp 8069 16x8 / 315-75 GoodYear Duratracs / Modified ARB front / BruceTS Rear / WABFAB custom stuffs