Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buying a Glock 23- recommendations

Re: Glock 23 holster opinions and recommendations

Get the gen III, dont trust the new ones as they arent proven yet (they changed the internals slightly) and IDK about some-but I find the new grips crappy.

My friend has 20k rds thru a gen III with no rebuilds besides a new brrel every 10k.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

I hope they've improved things with the biometric stuff in the time that I bought mine. The small file safe I got from costco a few years back has it and was never reliable. In fact, now it doesn't even work, I have to use the keypad to get in.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    I hope they've improved things with the biometric stuff in the time that I bought mine. The small file safe I got from costco a few years back has it and was never reliable. In fact, now it doesn't even work, I have to use the keypad to get in.
    I chose this one based on the reviews at Amazon. We'll see how it holds up, but this safe appears to have a more reliable biometric mechanism out of several options out there. Some of them you have to scan your finger 3-4 times to get it to open. Still, as long as I and my wife can open it and my daughter and her friends can't, that's good enough for me.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

The gun has been ordered and I've gone through the background check. I pick it up next weekend
    Brian
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

I dont like those biometric safes, friend has one and it failed after like 3 months. I like safes with combos, not as quick to open if you need it tho (whats it doing inside the safe anyways?? Should be at your side except when your sleeping or not carrying it).

Quote Originally Posted by mastacox
    The gun has been ordered and I've gone through the background check. I pick it up next weekend.
    Very nice!

Did you go with a 3rd-generation or a 4th-generation model?
    --- Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Terracoma
    Very nice!

Did you go with a 3rd-generation or a 4th-generation model?
    It's a 3rd gen Glock 23 (.40 cal compact). The only 4th gen out right now is the 22 (full size .40 cal) and I wanted the compact size.
    Brian

Re: Buying a Glock 23- recommendations

I got the safe today, it's pretty slick. The finger scanner works well, and I can open the safe the first time every time from the testing I have done. I bolted it down very securely in an undisclosed location

I get the gun this weekend! I went with the "standard" finish instead of the RTF-II. The RTF-II just didn't feel very good, although it was very grippy. I looked at some holsters there, and Dan recommended the Fobus paddle holsters. I liked them alright, haven't decided yet though. I was kind of looking for a holster that held the gun and an extra mag, but Dan had some good arguments for a separate mag holster (for your off hand).

We will see...
    Brian

If you want more grip you can always get a soldering iron out and poke small holes into the grips. I like it alot, works well.

I agree on having a separate mag pouch. This is the one I use for CCW.
    http://www.opticsplanet.net/eagle-in...uch-molle.html

To the casual observer it looks like a knife or leatherman pouch so it doesn&#39;t draw any attention if my shirt comes up.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast