Thread: Mini Notebooks

Mini Notebooks

My brother had a Dell mini notebook with him while we were waiting in the hospital waiting room last week and it was pretty cool and got me thinking that I want one. He was actually able to order a refurbished one for $175 for his wife while we were in the waiting room (I think that deal is over though).

Anyways, I guess if I got one, it would mainly be used for email/internet, watching instant netflix movies, and possibly gps later on. Also, if possible, it would be cool if I could sync it with my quickbooks for the business that is on my desktop at home. Not sure if this is possible since that's a pretty big program and not sure if I could just use a flash drive or what. (this isn't as big a deal, but would be cool if it could do that)

So, I know nothing about mini netbooks (or whatever you call them), so what are some things to look for and what are some good ones? (preferably cheap and user friendly)
    My signature

Re: Mini Notebooks

Here's another thread about netbooks a while back..
    http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...6&topic=8344.0
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Im still waiting to buy one, when the price drops to 250 or so im in for an acer or asus.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba
    Here&#39;s another thread about netbooks a while back..
    http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...6&topic=8344.0
    Oops, I guess I should have That thread definately helps.

Maybe a mod can merge this one to that thread.
    My signature

Yes there is that other thread, but in short, I got my acer netbook for about 320 and that's with the extended battery. I love it. I take it everywhere. It's also nice to use on the couch while I watch tv
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP