Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A SC dream come true???

A SC dream come true???

So a guy I go to church with has a SC'd Tacoma, 3.4L, 5 speed and hates the SC... I offered to buy it from him and give him my intake manifold etc... I'm clueless about tuning and have drooled over all of the tech talk in SC threads all over the web. Someone help me out and point me in the direction of what it would take to get these things swapped... I beleive his was a factory installed SC, (has badges)... And my truck is an automatic... I get lost in tons of the fuel upgrades, valve body talk, and piggy back ECU jargon... Help me make this dream come true!

--Chris--<br />Facebook Me!<br />1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited / Sonoran Steel 1.2 Lift / 4Crawler Offroad 2&quot; Body Lift / ProComp 8069 16x8 / 315-75 GoodYear Duratracs / Modified ARB front / BruceTS Rear / WABFAB custom stuffs

Re: A SC dream come true???

My Boy is getting a SUPERCHARGER!!!!!!!!!

I recall you will probably need the larger injectors, fuel pump, 7th injector kit, tuner maybe.

URD iirc has everything you need.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

be prepped to spend an extra 1600-2k above what you pay for the supercharger, unless you can find the stuff used (not likely) ive been looking myself, and cant find it used often for much less than it is new
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

swap engines, perhaps? it's an expensive investment for sure. one i certainly have "drooled over" but am not in any place to actually bite the bullet... yet
    1996 SR5 4Runner
    3.4 5speed 4x4 165k

I want to grab his 5 speed transmission too... But he won't let go of it!

So I'm pretty much convinced on the URD 7th injector kit. Still lost with the valve body upgrade and anything that we'll need to do to his truck to get it running right after we take off th sc.
    --Chris--<br />Facebook Me!<br />1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited / Sonoran Steel 1.2 Lift / 4Crawler Offroad 2&quot; Body Lift / ProComp 8069 16x8 / 315-75 GoodYear Duratracs / Modified ARB front / BruceTS Rear / WABFAB custom stuffs

IPT trans in hackensack or wayne NJ (i forget now) does the valve body upgrade, if gadget recommends it then I would do it.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Install instructions just to give you an idea of what you&#39;re getting into, but it&#39;s pretty straightforward:
    http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamo...4LSCInstal.pdf

You&#39;ll also need spark plugs and probably some of the plumbing pieces that you can&#39;t swap over. I&#39;d recommend a boost gauge too. You can run it without the fuel mods and it will be okay, it&#39;s generally not recommended though. As for the valve body mods, I wouldn&#39;t worry too much about it.
    Congrats
    2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4-Dub<br />TRD supercharger,&nbsp; Toytec Coilovers, OME 890&#39;s, 285 Duratracs

First- Don&#39;t bother with a valve body upgrade unless you drive like a maniac. I would get a large transmission cooler (Hayden 1678), a tranny temp gauge, tighten up your kickdown cable, and shim your accumulators if the shifts are still sloppy. Make sure and run good-quality synthetic transmission fluid too.

Next- good choice on the URD 7th injector kit. You&#39;ll want to get a wideband kit in addition to it (I&#39;d recommend the Innovate Motorsports one), a URD 2.2" pulley (might as well), an OBD-II reader, and Denso Iridium IK-22 spark plugs. Probably around $1500 in stuff total.

In addition you&#39;ll want to make sure you have control of your fuel in closed-loop operation. If you have a 99+ 4Runner with an AFR sensor, you can get the AFR sensor calibrator built-in to your 7th injector controller. If you have a pre-99 with the narrowband O2 sensor, I&#39;d recommend going the route I did with a pressure switch (as long as you have the Innovate Motorsports wideband kit). http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...6&topic=8547.0

Don&#39;t forget to read the pertinent Wiki&#39;s as well: TRD Supercharger Wiki, Piggyback Fuel/Timing Calibrators, Oxygen Sensor Calibrators
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

*I forget what year you have, something to look up is the deal with the crank/pulley wobble on some years being an issue.

IIRC it's the 95.5-97's that have the issue to be wary of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast