Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You know it's true love when...

Re: You know it's true love when...

I've used my XRC8 Comp series on 3 separate occasions now, 2 which were very hard pulls. No problems with it at all!
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    for me, i couldnt justify spending 800 on a warn to use it once a year. i am not a hard core rock crawler. this is for emergency extrication only.
    I hear ya on that point. From what i've read they are slow but reliable. One website was selling the xrc8 with synthetic line for $399; that's just nuts! I'll probably still pick up the summit 9k whenever they go on sale again for $405.
    1999 Toyota 4runner Limited 4x4 E-Locker: DR Coilovers ~ Camburg UCA's ~ OME 890+10mm ~ Icon Rear 2.5 Resi's ~ 235/85/16 Hankook Dynapro MT's ~ LC Rims

off topic but i saw a nice expensive warn winch in action a few weekends ago and yes the line speed is faster but fast is not a term to use with a winch pulling a load lol. line speed is deathly slow when weight is applied even to a warn. i think the xrc8 will change the winch industy toward less profit and greater value to the customer

Looks good. Are you using the switch that came with the light or are you using a factory toyota switch? Did she get you any color filters?

The lights will fit with the prerunner hoop. There are two different mounts for the lights. One is lower profile version that sets the lights lower down but you can't use the holes shrockworks puts into the bumper you'd have to move the hole over about an 1" to 1.5".

The mount you came up with was a good idea.
    2000 Toyota 4runner with some goodies.

sean,

I would just weld 2 light tabs on the hoop, mount the 2 lights upside down. it doesn't effect the performance but that puts them behind the hoop. in case yo bump into some thing, they will be safe.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

Oh sean, make sure you move that light bar bracket you made and put some kinda rubber or something behind it so it wont cause rust! I found out the hard way.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGen
    sean,

I would just weld 2 light tabs on the hoop, mount the 2 lights upside down. it doesn't effect the performance but that puts them behind the hoop. in case yo bump into some thing, they will be safe.
    thought about that and here is why i didnt: the "breather" for the lights is on the back of the arm, and points down when installed upright. if i installed them upside down, now they will catch all the water and dirt, etc that i see on and offroad. it would just pool in there and not allow the light to breath through the goretex filter, and that stuff would probably work its way in eventually.

i had considered getting the low pro mounts, but upon further inspection, even then the lights would not clear the bar, i would have to, like you said, drill new holes in the bumper. with a winch in the bumper, there isnt alot of room to install there anyway, so i decided against it.

i also considered welding tabs to the hoop to mount them upright on top of the hoop. but then it makes engine access even harder than it is now.

as for rust, the bumper was covered in heavy rust primer (it was nearly bare metal, just some tiny surface rust starting) and 2 very thick coats of rustoleum hammered paint. ive been fighting rust on the truck for a while, but its nothing like what you gents have on the east coast.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Mine rusted sean cause I had it on the chrome bumper and the water got trapped between it.

Since I routinely change honda civic batteries and they have this nice 1/8 thick rubber pad I always keep I cut one up and glued it on using some superglue. Only rust was around the holes then.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123