Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You know it's true love when...

Re: You know it's true love when...

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    so here is a question for those in the know. id like to keep my low beams on when my high beams are on, as the headlights no longer handle high beam duty. how should i go about doing this?
    Are your headlights controlled on the ground side? if so, this should work - don't forget to include the requisite fuses etc

the high beam relay/switch controls your relay, when it switches to ground it energizes the relay and provides the ground path for the low beams

red is wiring and taps that you add

Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

*This topic is close to what I am talking about, the Slee harness, but a little modified so that you are running the high beams with the low beams as the aux while keeping the spots/floods on their own circuit as well as the stock lows still in the stalk.

ie: http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/harness_main.htm

For the life of me I cannot remember the site the guy is from who does all the aftermarket light support and has all the needed schematics to reference..Keith, who is it, it's bothering me now..and of course it's 4pm here and I can't reach Christo until tomorrow.

Thanks Keith and shane. For some reason I'm having a hard time picturing what I need to do, but I know it's not that hard. I think I need a good nights sleep and another wiring diag to look at.

Here is what I'm thinking: insert a relay parallel to the low beam ground that closes when high beams come on. Howsthat sound or is there an easier way?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Congrats on the new bling - first a snorkel for desert wheeling and now Lightforces (pfft, web wheeler/mall crawler )

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    Here is what I'm thinking: insert a relay parallel to the low beam ground that closes when high beams come on. Howsthat sound or is there an easier way?
    get some sleep man, that's pretty much what my piss-poor drawing is
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Looks good. It also looks like you have the wiring figured out. With pretty much non functional high beams the LF's coming on with the high beam switch sounds like a good idea. Personally I like the lights to be separate so I can use just the high beams if I want and just the bumper lights if I want. I'll let you slide because of your high beam problem :P

Which winch did you end up going with? How does everything feel, weight wise, up front with the bumper and winch combo?

Smittybilt xrc8. Post coming soon

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

sean i like the daylighters lol. thats timeless offroad style right there.

The xrc8's seem to be working for people. I think you can get them for the same price they came out with and I even toyed around the idea of picking one up.

The smittybilt is what I been wanting whenI finally get something I can mount it on. I dont recall which offroad mag it was, perhaps petersens-but they ran the smittybilt thru the gambit and it was great apparently.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

quality was pretty good from what i experienced while installing it. havent got a chance to use it yet. alot of people say the cable is junk. i made sure to unspool and give it a good coating of PB blaster to keep the rust off of it. early models were slow and prone to rust on all the components, this one looks a little better built than that, and is certainly quick enough.

for me, i couldnt justify spending 800 on a warn to use it once a year. i am not a hard core rock crawler. this is for emergency extrication only.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast