Thread: SR5 Gauge Cluster: Off Vehicle Testing?

SR5 Gauge Cluster: Off Vehicle Testing?

Gents,
    Anyway to test (off vehicle) the various gauges in the cluster before pulling the trigger on an SR5 gauge? What I am really trying to get at is attempting to sort out whether that voltmeter, water temp, oil pressure, fuel gauge and tach are working on a certain cluster without having a vehicle available?
    Impossible?
    PITA?

or easy to do?

lets hear it.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Re: SR5 Gauge Cluster: Off Vehicle Testing?

I would assume if you sent power to the various parts of the cluster it may work.

Truth be told I really dont know.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

I know one issue with this would be the oil pressure gauge, as just sending power to it will fry it. Thats why you have to swap out from the on/off type of oil sender (for the idiot light) from a regular gauge cluster to a pressure sender from an Sr5. Thats the main one I want to know if works or not.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

*IIRC the FSM lists the variance in voltages. You would conceivably just need a power source with adjustable voltage and amperage along with a multi-meter.