Thread: rear end options for 4runner

rear end options for 4runner

So my buddy offered up his T100 rear end to me, probably $300ish. complete axle..Has an ARB air locker/4:88 motive gears.

The gearing would be pretty low, as I have a 5spd, as 4:56 would be a true 4:88 from what ive read. A little wider, stronger axle than my stock.

The question,

whats worth the work...T100 w/arb already geared-wider to match LT front, taco/T4 elocker mod w/spacers, or ive seen some Fzj80 full floaters with discs and locker for sale.(drive shaft offset tho i believe so ud need some short shafts to center...right?)

thx for your opinions!

3GT4SCLT; need rear suspension stat!

Re: rear end options for 4runner

Different rear totally, your gonna want to read this page:
    http://home.4x4wire.com/erik/diffs/#T100-Tundra

Heres about the 4runner diff: http://home.4x4wire.com/erik/diffs/#v6/turbo
    Will it work, yea with a heck of alot of work to make it.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

thx! and yes already have that link and read thru it...but im not talking bot replacing diffs,,,im talking entire axles(rear end).

Wasnt sure at first what you meant.

Since the 4Runner uses a coil and link setup its possible but alot of work. You can either use a leaf setup for the rear or try and adapt the coil setup. Either way is gonna be alot of fab work and time/testing to get it right.

Sure its possible, and if you do do it document it!

ya im already planning on Re-4linking the rear(goodtimes style) or at least moving shocks to the outside of the frame b/w the tire(chaplain style) and my buddy w/the T100 is a master fabr. Hes goin 9in. Just want to make sure I start with the right axle..probably hard to pass up the t100 with arb and motive gearing already done!

I would agree that its hard to pass that axle up.

FWIW Be careful with those, T100s bend stock axleshafts really easy for some reason. Fix is to get a tundra axleshaft and bearing

8.4 T100 Diff w/ an ARB will be much stronger then an 8" elocker axle any day. IMHO.

You get the width you want right off the bat, and the gearing to boot.

Oh, And there is a guy running an 80 axle under a taco, it's only an inch or two offset. The gas tank is on the opposite side of the diff, so no worries that way.

Gusset and beef up that T axle and call it done.

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

this rear is looking pretty interesting..

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...609488&page=16