Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me identify this problem please!

Re: Help me identify this problem please!

alright i put the new pulley on and the noise is still there. I can't get my head down far enough to listen closer but I can't figure this out! I got CRC belt conditioner and hit all the belts, no change. Its weird though, when I had the a/c pulley off I lightly rotated the pulley above it that had the now-slack belt around it and when it was coming in slight contact with the belt while rotating it made a familiar noise...sounds like if the rotations increased so would the sound and that would be the culprit, but reinstalled everything correctly and conditioned to no luck. I believe its coming from the left side of the engine now...should I be looking at the water pump?

Another note, its by far most audible when I'm slightly on the gas. I had my girlfriend hold it down slightly while my head was above the engine and man its loud, just wish I could pinpoint it!!!!! Its driving me absolutely nuts now
    <br /><br />
    883/LC with OME/PC shocks ∙ 2&quot; body lift ∙ ARB bull bar
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

You might try taking off the timing belt cover and check the tensioner & idler bearings for noise with the stethoscope too.

For those without a stethoscope, a long screwdriver cupped to your ear works well too.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

No way getting around draining the radiator to get the cover off? Sounds like its a possibility it may be behind there, that or it may be one of the other pulleys in the front not connected with the a/c belt
    <br /><br />
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

Remove all the belts and start it up, to see if the noise is still there. Easier to do process of elimination.....
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Thanks for the advice man. Any place that shows where all of the tensioners are? Obviously can't do anything behind the cover right now, can't seem to find the other ones, saw one above the a/c pulley I'm still wondering how I'd even get a wrench back there
    <br /><br />

take the skidplate off and work from underneath for the ac. the alt you should be able to get from the drivers side, the ps from the passenger side, but you will likely have to go under to get the belts lined up on the pulleys
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123