Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNN gun control poll

CNN gun control poll

http://edition.cnn.com/
    It's on the bottom right.

Do you believe gun-control laws are an effective way to curb violence?
    Yes 45%

No 55%

77385 votes
    Total: 139489 votes
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Re: CNN gun control poll

I'm actually kind of surprised that the poll isn't showing a bias for more gun control.

Maybe there's hope for society after all...
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

I bellieve that gun control will curb the ability of the law abiding to violently answer the violence of the lawless.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

The only thing that gun control does is hurt citizens who obey the law. Criminals are called just that, criminals. They will break the law and do what they want to do because they are....all together now...criminals.
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

You guys were supposed to vote and help swing the results our way!

Newbs.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    You guys were supposed to vote and help swing the results our way!

Newbs.

It wants me to vote about Alec Baldwin's tirade to his 11 or 12 yr daughter.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Pennsylvanians are threatened with a bill that would require a $10 fee for each gun in the household PER YEAR and all unregistered guns would be subject to immediate confiscation.

An armed populace means a controlled government.
    [glow=blue,2,300]2002 4WD TOYOTA TACOMA &quot;TURTLE TACO&quot;[/glow]&nbsp; &lt;All the goods listed here&gt;

No, gun control only stops us up standing citizens from keeping our 2'nd amendment.
    Also, it's a slippery slope! Remember the what happened in Germany during the WWII. Don't want to be a victim!

WWII showed quite the opposite: weapons are useless against a ruthless occupier.
    The Dutch put up a good fight with the weapons they had in 1940, but the Germans then proceeded to bomb the city core of Rotterdam.
    A lot of civilians got killed, and the story was simple: Stop fighting or the other major cities are next.
    After the dust settled there where weapons around, but if you'd kill a German then they would just randomly go to some houses close by and shoot the men, women and children on the spot. Not something I would want to be responsible for.
    We cannot imagine how it really is, but I know my Grandfather was in the underground resistance and still didn't want to talk about it in the 1980's.
    Solutions seem simple until you are really dealing with such a situation.

If there ever is a hostile ruthless power which can overpower the US military, then I am convinced you won't think about using your weapons.
    2006 4Runner Sport Edition V8
    2011 4Runner SR5

I'd rather go down fighting than on my knees.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast