Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac or PC?

Mac or PC?

I am considering a new computer and I know absolutely nothing about them I have had two PC's and they eventually get all balled up from what ever I do or someone else does. I will not be the only one using it another adult and my Mother who is 83 will be playing, I think it's spider on it. Which format is going to be easier to deal with and I am getting tired of the GIANT MS crap that doesn't always work... TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Re: Mac or PC?

I am a big PC fan over Mac. I mean big time, I really can't stand the Mac OS or much else about em.

But I'm gonna say get a mac.

If you want to simply use the computer for everyday tasks and aren't really "into" computers, a mac would probably be easier for you. A PC can run perfectly smoothly, but you have to invest a little time and effort into it.

Its gonna all be up to you there Big Guy.
    Both have there ups and downs.

PC gonna have the same problems you mentioned, it would help to implement a spring cleaning session every so often though.

Mac gonna have to learn a different way of doing things, and depending on how easy you pick up stuff will determine how easy it is for you. If all you are going to do is play a few games and surf the net. it will be easy enough.

Macs are have fewer virus and what not targeted at them, but there will be programs you will not be able to find for them, most likely alternates but maybe not.

I would like to get a Mac, just so i can really try it out. All my experience has been with customers machines.

PCs are PCs, they have there ups and downs as you find out, but i have been running the same load on my machine for quite a while, i just make sure everyone stays off it and doesnt jack it all up. Its a hard road to travel but you pick up little things to help make your machine more reliable.

If it was me i would do the Mac just for a change.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

if you want a trouble free, constant upgrade free, virus/spyware/adware/tupperware free, maintenance free computer..get the mac. they're simpler than they look..and the learning curve is quick. play around with one in a store to get the feel for it. some places here offer quickie basic courses for free with a purchase of a new mac (for the newbie mac users of course). of course getting one from a retailer with a good return policy helps if youre still not 100% sure. cant go wrong. you'll find that computers dont really need to be replaced every couple years.

oh..and if you really miss your windoze if you do end up getting a mac..you can run MS on a mac.
    sonny<br />1998 4Runner LTD...d0uble locked on 35&#039;s<br />crawlinbc.com

I generally think of it like import vs domestic. Mac's are easy to use once you get used to them, and they are more likely to run forever with little problems. PC's are easy to run and cheap to fix, but can require constant maintenance & repair...This has basically been my experience.

If you aren't too computer savvy and have a bigger budget then personally, I'd recommend a mac.
    Julie aka Jules, Ju, Ruby<br />95 Runner SR5 22re 5spd stock till next year--saving my pennies like a good little girl&nbsp;

I recently made the switch to a mac and haven't looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by calrockx
    I am a big PC fan over Mac. I mean big time, I really can't stand the Mac OS or much else about em.
    Chuck, I'm shocked.....I thought any graphic designer worth his weight would be using nothing but Macs?!

I agree, I'm seeing alot more people using macs now than ever because the barriers are coming down fast (ie you can run MS Office on them and even run a slow version of Win XP if you need to). I have recently considered going for a mac as well, but I still have so much I do in win XP that it's not worth my while and I can't afford to have apps running slowly. Maybe in a few years, but I'll remain a diehard PC user for now.

TJ, as for ease of use, I'd have have to say go with the mac as well.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Thanks gang!! I really like the idea of a mac, My Mother uses one at her job at school. Please keep the info flowing here I would like to see a little more about them. TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_4runner

Chuck, I'm shocked.....I thought any graphic designer worth his weight would be using nothing but Macs?!
    That's no so much the case anymore. Sure more designers use Mac, but PCs can do anything a Mac can do and use the same software. I have two part-time grahpic design jobs, both use exclusively PC.

I can get by on a Mac, but am 47 times faster on a PC.

yup. PC's are only "bad" for graphic design because windows and its programs are more of a resource hog than mac programs and OS.

however, if you have a good graphics card and a lot of ram, you can do everything on a PC.

I personally love PC's and will never use apple products. I hate the ipod, i hate itunes, i hate the OS, the interface, etc. all of it is garbage to me.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast