Thread: Need: 3.0 93 T4run rebuild, knock sensor etc.

Need: 3.0 93 T4run rebuild, knock sensor etc.

:P. To start thank you for any input or suggestions

Hello, my name is Beau.

I have always been a fan & recent bought a white 1993 4runner 4x4 3.0v6 project to daily driver canidate, with 157k & a beginning to fail HG.

The Story:
    Towed it to my house & rebuild here we are. We tore down heads and hg failed due to poor workmanship on a replaced waterpump. It works, however old rubbergasket material was not removed properly and 3x as much was used on the install. This rubber chunked up and shreaded & was pumped around the water jacket & a few pieces lodged at cylinder 1 hg an caused a hotspot. Piston had some minor scaring but after very close measuring & fidgetting we determined that the piston was slightly offcenter & a bit of play had developed from the compression of the metal part of the hg that shoved into the cylinder. So we decided to pull the motor out & pull the piston & replace etc. No Engine swap, I know I know, but we decided not to in the beginning.

The Questions:
    I have read & been advised strongly to replace the knock sensor & wires in that area as well as the plastic trays that carry alot of wiring through the middle of the engine were totally dry rotted / cooked.
    So...
    1-Does northridge have said sensors & wiring or suggestions on affordable wiring / heatsheilding for this area? It's improbable in there but not sure how to go about it.

2-does northridge give discounts to any forum members

Re: Need: 3.0 93 T4run rebuild, knock sensor etc.

1. sorry for posting late, have been away from the forum.
    hey we do offer the knock sensor and wire needed for your motor. we also offer a 20% off forum members and usually free shiiping on frist orders. you can call or email for the exact price. phone 818-532-3650 or email at fredh@northridgetoyota.com or rafam@northridgetoyota.com