Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noob Looking for BEST off-road shop in So Cal

Re: Noob Looking for BEST off-road shop in So Cal

Thanks for all the info already!

To L33T35T Tacoma:
    I'd love to give Cleghorn Ridge a shot, but I coach baseball and have a tournament this weekend. Another time, and I'll be in for sure.

Seanz0rz:
    sound advice, especially since Scuba sent me a link to pre-assembled, re-geared diffs at eastcoast. I can probably swap diffs but not install the gears myself. I don't want to do things twice, for sure.

Which takes me to Bob98SR5:
    I've read some of your posts and will definitely check out the page you referenced. I'm in no hurry and do have a lot to learn.

BONKED

Welcome! Nice 4Runner....the 5spd 4Runners seem hard to find.

There are lots of great socal members here! I've met some of them in person, and they're a cool bunch. Pismo Jamboree is later this fall, and it's an awesome event.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

welcome.
    and love the color. my 99 is the same color so check out my sig if you want to know what it looks like with mods.

i agree with the wheel what you got and learn as you upgrade. makes you a better driver IMHO.
    if you cant build it or don't have time, i would go with budbuilt for armorwww.budbuilt.com
    lots of people make good sliders. i am a www.stubbswelding.com fan.

theres all kinds of jeep clubs if you want a club. the FJ guys at www.socalfjcruiserforums.comdo alot of wheeling and get togethers up in your area.

once again welcome to the nut house nad hope you dont like your money. your rig will never be done.
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

Allpro Offroad is near your area in Hemet CA. You can check them and get some info that you want to do with your 4Runner. http://www.allprooffroad.com/contact.../storelocation
    98&#39;4Runner A04A 4:56 OME lift, 285/75/16

http://www.yotamasters.com/ give them a call and ask for Eric

Welcome. I like All-pro - good shop and good products. Stay away from 4WheelParts for labor, ok prices on parts, but their techs are braindead IMO. X2 on eastcoastgearsupply.com. I'm down to go wheelin with any of you guys since I'm local too (I'm in Arrowhead and my folks live in Riverside)..
    97 Runner SR5 3.4L 4x4<br />Lifted on 255s, dual ARB lockers, 4.88s, lots of armor and other stuff.

Like most the other guys on here, I try to do most of my work myself. However, I have gone to Yotamasters over in Corona and they are awesome. Its a tiny shop but the guy's know yota's like no other.
    1986 pickup 4x4 SR5, 5-spd, 33x10.5 BFG KM1 muds, 2&quot; body lift, front and rear lockrights, 4.88s, 4.7 t-case with Dave&#39;z twin stick,&nbsp; BudBuilt crossmember with 1&quot; drivetrain lift, Downey grille guard and skid plate, TG sliders, MC rear bumper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12