Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Tundra TRD Coil Springs to LIFT a 4Runner or Tacoma

FWIW the Tundra 5100's are pretty long and way softer than my Tokico Trekmasters. I liked the stiffness of the Tokicos but the extra travel is nice. Seems like there is a lot of compromise in shocks for lifted and wheeled 3rd gens.

I like the idea of coil overs but the routine maintenance, custom parts, down time, price, etc are a turn off.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    FWIW the Tundra 5100's are pretty long and way softer than my Tokico Trekmasters. I liked the stiffness of the Tokicos but the extra travel is nice. Seems like there is a lot of compromise in shocks for lifted and wheeled 3rd gens.

I like the idea of coil overs but the routine maintenance, custom parts, down time, price, etc are a turn off.
    Plus, and this is just an east coaster, if you have them back east the winters are pretty harsh on those adjustable coilovers.

Personally I am looking at doing the tundra lift with an ome rear once I am ready to lift. I kinda like having a DD that is easy to get in and out of.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

So curious, did is the isolator you need come from a tundra or a 4Runner?

Just another .02 The tundra coils are awesome, unfortunately with my lack of a heavy duty bumper I was relying on the rear suspension to do all the work when I went offroad.

I ended up eventually upgrading to AllPro upper uniball control arms and the AllPro Blistien Adjustible Coilovers as such "https://www.allprooffroad.com/9602frontsuspension/299"
    I originally had the 550lb springs on there which were incredible, I have never gotten such flex out of the front end, but unfortunetly they started to rust so I upgraded to the 650lb coils, at first I wasn't pleased with them but my last trip out I got to work them out and they are turning out to be a great spring weight.

As far as the rear, I still have the LC coils but I miss my Tokico black shocks, they were awesome, I have a cheap set of shocks off rock auto that are 'ok' a little to stiff for my blood but they have a really great travel, still have yet to max them out extended from my last trip I could never lift tire and the only thing limiting my travel as of now is the shock.

Keep a look on the for sell ads on the other forums, they pop up from time for time.

The isolators I purchased are for a Tundra. I will see if they are compatible with my stock 4runner tops. The price was right and it was Amazon, so returns should be pretty easy.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

My lift ideas are always changing but then again so are my ideas for front and rear bumpers lol. I do know eventually I want to flat belly the 4runner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

New shocks are on!

I compressed the coils, removed the old shock, and knocked the long studs out of the top plate. I inserted the old stock ones, but they fit loose. I tacked them into place.

IMG_20140823_102558

Shot them with some quick drying black I had laying around:
    IMG_20140823_154702

Here are the old and new isolators (I shouldn't have to tell you which is which):
    IMG_20140823_102623
    IMG_20140823_102617

They are essentially identical.
    IMG_20140823_154838

Fit is good. My tacks stuck up a little bit, but they are fine.
    IMG_20140823_154906

No pictures of the actual shocks, I'll try to get those later.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678