Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Tundra TRD Coil Springs to LIFT a 4Runner or Tacoma

Re: Tundra TRD Coil Springs to LIFT a 4Runner or Tacoma

I searched the Bridgestone site and they do not make a 275/75R16 tire. That would be the perfect tire size for those of us with mild lifts, but no one makes a tire in that size.

Old thread, I know.

I am looking to rebuild my front struts. The shocks (bilstein 5100's) are shot. The problem is, the rubber isolators are also at the very end of their life. Toyota wants ~$60/side for new assemblies. I only need the rubber isolators. I have found some for a Tundra, but I cannot confirm they are the same dimension as the 4Runner ones. 4Runner, Tacoma, and Tundra all use a different part number for that isolator/mount assembly. I am very confident that the Tacoma mounts should be the same.

I know this has been a problem in the past, but I was hoping that someone had found a solution to this problem. I could not find any aftermarket ones for the 4Runner.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

It is my understanding you need Tundra isolators to run the Tundra coils. You can run 4Runner/OME/Tundra coils on the 5100's you just need the proper isolator.

Therefore I'd assume you have Tundra isolators and not 4Runner isolators. I don't know where the Tacoma fits into there but I'd assume they are 4Runner size. FWIW I have the Tundra 5100's, 4Runner isolators and OME coils.

I have the 4Runner isolators, just reused my stock ones.

I am referring to the rubber isolators that sit between the coil and the top plate, pictured below.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

when researching for parts, this is the tundra coil isolator that i ordered:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004K7ZG3K/...I1VCD9WJWBPDBV

Monroe 907926

have not ordered the rest of the parts so i can't personally confirm it is correct, but everything i read on T4R points to this PN.

Thanks. I ordered the shocks yesterday so I will likely order those and report back with a yes/no.

Did you go with Tundra 5100's again?

Yep. I have been really happy with them. The last few months they've started to weep and the dampening ability is greatly reduced.

Oh, ok. I thought in Mojave you said you were done with 5100's but weren't sure what to replace them with.

I'd like to go to a fully adjustable coilover, but can't afford that. My rear shocks I despise. I miss my old Toyota tokicos.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast