Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tundra TRD Coil Springs to LIFT a 4Runner or Tacoma

Re: Tundra TRD Coil Springs to LIFT a 4Runner or Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by cox380
    I'm looking to buy some LC coils for the rear of my 3rd Gen 4runner but I don't know which ones to get. I would like to get 3.5 to 4.5 inches of lift. Can you guys post some info like year, color codes, front or rear coils, and most helpful Part Numbers please. Is is true that I should get 2 lefts or 2 rights so they are the same lenghth? This seems to be a confusing subject since 3gens and 2nd gens use lc coils.
    I'm also looking for some coils that would give me 3.5 to 4" of lift in the rear. Who has the skinny on the spring rates to have some made or the ideal LC coils.

Also, Twisted Customs makes adjustable upper and lower control arms and panhard bar that are bomb proof and allow for the flex we need. I just ran my chasing for the baja 1000. Good stuff!!
    God speed,<br />Steve Hanson<br />Racers For Christ<br />Rockcrawlers For Christ<br />www.teamrfc.org<br />--------------------<br />special thanks: bfgoodrich|trail gear|cbi fabrication|total chaos|arb|sway-a-way|aem electronics|lucas oil|trd|baja racks|bassani exhaust|spidertrax

I am running tundra coils up front with OEM shocks without any problems. Stuff good but doesnt droop all that much. I would rather that than fixing blown cv's. Also I am running 891's with the HD shocks and it is sagging slowly so I will probably add a 1" spacer and get some different (longer shocks)

99 Toy 4Runner<br />Retrofitted elocker, lockrite up front<br />4:88s<br />35&#039;s with 2.5&quot; lift<br />Custom front bumper with Milemarker 8k pound winch

I'm also looking for some coils that would give me 3.5 to 4" of lift in the rear. Who has the skinny on the spring rates to have some made or the ideal LC coils.[/quote]

^^^^^^bump^^^^^^
    ARB 891 pro's/cons
    Downey's 3.5" pros/cons
    http://frankies4x4.com/FZJ80.html anyone run this guys rear coils?

FIXED IT: ARB's 891's. Only about 25miles of testing, but these seem to be the answer for me.
    God speed,<br />Steve Hanson<br />Racers For Christ<br />Rockcrawlers For Christ<br />www.teamrfc.org<br />--------------------<br />special thanks: bfgoodrich|trail gear|cbi fabrication|total chaos|arb|sway-a-way|aem electronics|lucas oil|trd|baja racks|bassani exhaust|spidertrax

I also would like to know if anyone has tried the 05 Tundra Double cab 369mm coils? Any reason these wouldn't work on the front of the 3rd gen? Noob status fully acknowledged and any input greatly appreciated!
    09 FJ 6spd manual<br />01 Tonka-oma TRD <br />Audi RS2 CQ clone<br />98 Audi A4 turbo quattro avant

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
    09 FJ 6spd manual<br />01 Tonka-oma TRD <br />Audi RS2 CQ clone<br />98 Audi A4 turbo quattro avant

as far as ive read, 4th gen 4runner/2nd gen tacoma parts will not work for us 3rd gen guys.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

What are yall running for front shocks? I know it used to be the TRD tokikos but i've heard some people are running Bilstein 5125's. I am ready to get some new ones, my OEM shocks are worn out
    99 Toy 4Runner<br />Retrofitted elocker, lockrite up front<br />4:88s<br />35&#039;s with 2.5&quot; lift<br />Custom front bumper with Milemarker 8k pound winch

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    as far as ive read, 4th gen 4runner/2nd gen tacoma parts will not work for us 3rd gen guys.
    they do fit. i have the 4th gen 4runner front lift springs in the front of my runner. the ome 883's and they add a bit more lift than the tundras...
    96 4Runner, 4in OME/LC lift (883&#039;s w/ top plate spacer, Land Cruiser&#039;s 8 coil) 2in Body Lift 315/75/16&#039;s. rear e-locker&nbsp; <br />I UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE JEEP THING THATS WHY I HAVE A TOYOTA!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Runner202020
    they do fit. i have the 4th gen 4runner front lift springs in the front of my runner. the ome 883's and they add a bit more lift than the tundras...
    How much lift?
    YOu don't want to push your CV's too far...

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Runner202020
    How much lift?
    YOu don't want to push your CV's too far...
    depends on what top out spacer is used too.

it provides about the same as a tundra, maybe .2" more with the same topout. and ive wheeled mine hard with the front locker engaged and still fine, that was with 33s though
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast