Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tundra TRD Coil Springs to LIFT a 4Runner or Tacoma

Re: Tundra TRD Coil Springs to LIFT a 4Runner or Tacoma

You da Man! I just finished putting on the bumper and wiring it up last night. It looks great, and it hasn't sagged...yet. On that note, I am going to have to post up some install tips for those that are putting on an ARB. For my Tacoma, 03 D-cab, I didn't have to cut anything off. I know that 4runners are different, but on the Parks offroad site, they cut off the front of the frame mounts. Mine just bolted on, and the new hardware bolted in on top of that. As for the wiring. Australian wiring is, brown=hot, blue=ground or neutral. Our wiring is, green=hot, white= neutral.

New here - so for the rear of my 02 4runner I will need 2 of the same coils?
    Two of the purple+white+blue coils?
    not one left one right?
    Thanks

search on sonoran steels site. He has a ton of info about lifts and what not. What you are needing depends on how high you are wanting to go and what you plan on doing with it.
    02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock

Is there a TRD Tundra that won't give over 2" of lift? Looking for front spring options to pair with 906 in the rear. I've got problem with running 881 up front, but the idea of a progressive rate TRD up front seems nice.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    Is there a TRD Tundra that won't give over 2" of lift? Looking for front spring options to pair with 906 in the rear. I've got problem with running 881 up front, but the idea of a progressive rate TRD up front seems nice.
    If you go Tundra springs you'll probably need 890's in the rear to match.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
    If you go Tundra springs you'll probably need 890's in the rear to match.
    Ok, good to know. I figured that was the case, but wasn't sure if the 2WD TRD were a little shorter, and I knew most people ran a spacer when using TRD's in order to get the extra height.. so, I wasn't sure what a 2wd TRD with no spacer would amount to.... 881's it is for me I guess!

Has anyone tried using the stock yellow with blue dust cover Bilstein shock that comes with the tundras? I have a set of TRD tundra coils (y/y and y/b) that are assembled with the yellow bilstein shocks and tundra top hats, and I know I have to re-assemble the strut assembly using my 4runner tophats, I was wondering if the yellow bilstein shocks were a good, smooth ride with this lift. Thanks

simply put, no.

they're VERY stiff, and when coupled with stiff springs, the ride is going to be firm to say the least unless you have a bumper and winch up front.

i would be willing to bet that you'll be happier in the long run going with a softer shock than the yellow bilsteins.
    -andy

bamachem, thanks for that info. A member over on YT installed the same strut/coils and said his ride was very smooth. articulated well and has a stock bumper. I am willing to take my chances and experience it and let you guys know. I am just too anxious to wait to save up for new struts to lift so I'll go with these for now. If they end up being stiff as you said, I will reconsider some Bilstein 5125 for the Tundra app. Thank you for your input though! OH! and where can I get just a top out spacer? I ordered some from toytec, but in the event that i want to do two top out spacers per side, I'd like to know where to purchase those. Thank you!

I never tried them personally, I'm only going on the opinion of others who had the yellow Bilsteins and complained, then swapped to OME or Tokiko only to be very pleased. As with most things, it's all subjective and it depends on what you're looking for. A worn set of yellow bilsteins may be as soft as OME's for all I know... Best of luck.
    -andy

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast