Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking down and getting a Moto Droid

Breaking down and getting a Moto Droid

Well, my contract's up for renewal and after doing some searching and talking to my wife, we've gotten a pair of Motorola Droids We were worried about the cost of the data plans, but were able to make it worth it with her work discount (17% off the monthly plan), BOGOF on Droids right now, and my $100 new every two credit. I spent $115 and got two Droids shipped overnight (they come in tomrrow).

Man, I'm going to have to figure out what apps I need first
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Re: Breaking down and getting a Moto Droid

Let us know what you think of them. I've got an LG env Touch and was thinking about upgrading to a Droid.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    Let us know what you think of them. I've got an LG env Touch and was thinking about upgrading to a Droid.
    Cassy was originally considering an env3, but you have to buy a $10/mo data plan for it, and she would rather have full internet functionality. The Droid will give us the chance to combine calendars, check email, surf the web, etc.

I'm looking forward to trying out some of the Google Maps navigation, she's looking forward to the automatic price comparison app that you scan barcodes with...
    Brian
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

the only knock i have about it is how close the top row of keys are to the sliding display. i could not and did not get used to it. other than that, it looks slick

let us know how it works out for you

Quote Originally Posted by mastacox
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    Cassy was originally considering an env3, but you have to buy a $10/mo data plan for it, and she would rather have full internet functionality. The Droid will give us the chance to combine calendars, check email, surf the web, etc.

I'm looking forward to trying out some of the Google Maps navigation, she's looking forward to the automatic price comparison app that you scan barcodes with...
    I've got the data plan with unlimited texts and I pay $61/mo. I've got full internet and everything with my Touch.

A scanner would be fun to play with.

I was considering a droid so I read through this whole thread: http://www.yotatech.com/f5/verizon-m...l-droid-196014 and decided on an Iphone
    2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4-Dub<br />TRD supercharger,&nbsp; Toytec Coilovers, OME 890&#39;s, 285 Duratracs

Quote Originally Posted by Okie81
    I was considering a droid so I read through this whole thread: http://www.yotatech.com/f5/verizon-m...l-droid-196014 and decided on an Iphone
    Yeah I&#39;ve been avoiding posting in there, I just don&#39;t feel like getting involved in Shrek&#39;s Droid love fest.

That being said, I wouldn&#39;t consider going with an iPhone unless it was available through Verizon.
    Brian

Does the Droid support Flash? I want an iphone, but I'm bummed that it doesn't support Flash.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    Does the Droid support Flash? I want an iphone, but I'm bummed that it doesn't support Flash.
    Pretty soon here Adobe will be releasing Flash 10.1 for Android. I think it will be coming out around the time Android 2.1 is released...
    Brian

me and the wife went through this 4 weeks ago. when we went to the store, I couldn't believe how expensive those plans for the smart phones are. I ended up bought 2 phones off CL for $100 and signed up with AT&T with NO contract, $60/mo for 2 lines.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast