Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: '73 Volkswagen Squareback

Re: '73 Volkswagen Squareback

no time or money. can't even sell it because ill end up losing money on it! some day it will get finished. someday.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I saw this thread bump Sean, and I was really hoping for more tech, but boy, do I understand no time and no money. lol. Keep your head up!!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

i have another project im starting in a couple of weeks (more about that later) that takes major priority over the vw. the vw will get kicked out of the garage and put under a tarp until i can find some time to work on it again. really hate doing that but its a necessary thing for the next 12 months.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Navigator

Sean, how much would u have to sell it for to not lose money? just curious.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

ive got 900 in the car, 100 in wiring, and probably 150 in parts ive acquired for it. basically, if i cant get 1100 for it, im losing money. problem is it is further from running than when i got it, a completely untested electrical system that isnt 100% finished is the biggest problem.

Navigator

ah. i thought u had already replaced a lot of the wiring? and how much wiring do those engines really need to run? id be surprised if much at all..
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

the wiring is 95% done. the starter needs to be hooked up, as well as the reverse lights. the headlights need to be rewired. the gauges need to be illuminated, and the entire harness needs to be tested. i dont know if the engine runs at all, ive never tried to start it.

i have fuel line that is waiting to go in, and some of the rubber for the intake tract. i have collected alot of parts, but just no time to work on it. i still plan on putting in a few days into it, but really cant afford any new parts for it. if i can get it running, i may consider selling it. if it runs well without much other stuff needed, then i will keep it. i love the car, it just comes with alot of needed work and time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345