Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Need Some Car Buying Advise | Update: Scammer Revenge

Re: Need Some Car Buying Advise

haha that is definitely a scam! Tell her you will send her a check for $10,000 more than the final price and if she could cash it and give you back $8,000. She can even keep $2,000 for her troubles!
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

I recieved this email from her this morning:

please reply with your full name and address and I will register the transaction at the ebay department. ebay will send you all the financial and shipping details and we can move forward with the deal.

Thanks,
    I think they are starting to get tired of me. It is much less cordial then before. No mention of her employement at AA either.

I replied with this long email. I used some of Sean's idea to offer to meet up. I doubt she will read it all, but it was fun:

Hey Laura!

Thanks for the prompt reply! I didn't see any form on the email you sent. Was there supposed to be an attached form for me to fill out? I'm sorry I probably sound really inexperienced with this. It's been 9 years since I've purchased a vehicle, and I've never purchased one online. I have a lot of learning to do. Thank you so much for your patience. Please let me know if there was an attached form I was supposed to fill out.

Next time I'm up in IAD, we should get together and chat. I would love to exchange some stories about our experience working for American Airlines. I've got some great baggage handler stories, and I'm sure you have some fantastic flight attendant stories as well.

Back when I was a baggage handler at DFW, we had a Boeing 777-200ER that had just come in from a long international flight. I don't remember exactly where it came from, but I believe it flew in from somewhere in Asia. My job was to unload the pallets and LD-3 containers, and one of my new co-workers, John "Poopocket" Nantucket, was supposed to pump out the black water tanks. Well, John connected the pump truck to the forward tank, just behind the nose landing gear. Now, on a Boeing 777-200ER, this tank holds roughly 400 gallons of waste. John failed to realize that his hose to the pump truck wasn't connected correctly, and as soon as he opened the tank valve, the hose came off. Now, you can guess what happened next; the entire contents of the tank emptied out onto poor John. It was a gigantic mess. John even had a turd land in his pocket, hence the nickname "Poopocket". We even had to call the airport fire department to come out with those big Oshkosh built fire trucks to clean off the ramp. Hahaha. It was the greatest day of work ever. I think John is now working the ramp at IAD. Next time you go out there, say hi to Poopocket Nantucket for me.

Back when I was still in training at ORD, we were loading bags on to a Boeing 737-800. The trainers had turned off the magic carpet, so it made loading much more strenuous. Now, keep in mind that this was an actually flight we were loading, and while we had some extra turn around time due to snow, we were still trying to work quickly. We wanted to impress our new boss. Per procedure, one of the guys drove the belt loader to the front baggage compartment. On all variants of the 737, the compartment door is hinged at the top and swings upward (lol...this reminds me of another story I'll have to tell you). After he loaded all the bags on the plane, he realized the bag loader had been wedged under the door. As it turns out, the weight of all the bags made the plane sit lower, and the belt loader got wedged under the door. We had to unload all the bags to get the bag loader out from under the door. It was a huge pain. There was some serious damage to the door hinges. Our trainers were concerned about the door blowing off during pressurization, so they decided to cancel the flight. Needless to say, that baggage handler didn't last too long there.

I'm sure you have some great stories. I would love to hear some stories from a fellow employee!

Thanks!
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Localmotion, I might be able to work that in. It turns out the AA flight attendants may be going on strike, so I might be able to put on a soap box and feel sorry for her financial loss. I could offer to add a thousand or whatever to the price of the vehicle to help out a "fellow employee" while she is out of work.

How would this check thing work? Do I need to make a fake check to send to her? I want to be careful...I don't want to be busted for being a scammer and scamming a scammer.

-Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Pooppocket Nantucket!
    My signature

definitely dont write any fake checks...you dont want you get arrested for writing/passing fake checks!

maybe you can print up some monopoly money and send it to them? haha!

Most likely the address they give you will be some poor innocent persons address and you will never see anything. These scams are all over the place! You could always call your local pd and report it, most likely they wont do anything with it unless someone is at a financial loss. Do you have the VIN? You could see if it is stolen. LOL.

You can also see where the IP is coming back from...most likely out of the country.

oh and by monopoly money, I mean the money that says MONOPOLY on it. Dont scan real money and print it or the SS will be after you! hahahahaha!

Got an email from them this morning. As expected, there isn't any mention of anything other than the money.

please reply with your info if are ready to purchase the car and i will register the transaction at the ebay department.

Thanks,
    I'm too tired to figure out my next step. I've got several cards I'd like to play, but I'm just debating which one to do next. Anyways, I'll figure that out tomorrow.

Well, not much going on with this the last few days. I just sent her a reply to the previously posted email:

So you want me to just write the info in the email itself then?
    I'm still trying to drag this out. When/if she replies, I'll play the next card.
    It's been 1 week now.

How do I see what IP their emails are from?

Tourist

Re: Need Some Car Buying Advise | Update: Scammer Revenge

How did I miss this? I got the same exact email as your first one which smelled instantly of scam so I played along for a little bit. She said it was in Tucson, I said I'd have a friend in Tucson check it out. She said that wasn't possible because it'd already been 'packaged for shipping'. The last few back and forths...

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 10:22 AM, <lisatorset@aol.com> wrote:

Hello,
    Mileages: 112,024
    I will attach some pics. (they were the same pics)

The car is already at the shipping company in Tucson,AZ sealed and ready for the shipping. I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them. I'm very busy with my job and I'm left out of the town so I can't meet in person with you so this is the reason why I chose to sell my car over the internet. According to eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.

Here is how it will work:

1.First of all I will need the following details from you:
    - Full Name
    - Full Shipping Address
    2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.
    3. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices.
    The invoice will send you the details on how to make a refundable payment.
    4. eBay will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the car. If you will buy, then I will receive the payment details from eBay so that I can pick up the money.
    5. If you will decide that you will not buy the car, eBay will refund the money and I will have the shipping company come pick up my car. If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed. I look forward to hear from you.

Thank you
    Lisa Torset

And my reply:
    I will send all my full info to ebay, please send me the link. Is it possible to pay by certified check? My husband gave me a 10,000 dollar certified check to buy a car. I can send you the check and you can refund the extra to me.
    Thank you.

And her final reply:
    Hello,

The car is listed on craigslist, the payment will be made through eBay.
    If you are really interested please email me with your full name and address so i can start the shipping.

Lisa

She wasn't that much fun to mess with after the first few emails. If you're going to attempt to scam me at least be entertaining about it.
    '96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f200/habaner...thread-201751/
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast