Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a Land Cruiser stuck on a snow dirt road

Got a Land Cruiser stuck on a snow dirt road

Up at Mammoth Skiing and we decided to go to the hot springs. The dirt road heading there was snow covered and the ruts were mild, so I decided to go for it. Well we got stuck and tried to dig it out, needless to say it was a no go. about 11 pm and we had to hike out and got a ride back to Mammoth. AAA is gonna head out there and see if they can tow it to the pavement.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Re: Got a Land Cruiser stuck on a snow dirt road

no go on AAA he almost got stuck himself, I really did a good job....ugg Might try again tomorrow, if not we may have to get a hilift and shovels, do it the hard way...
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Bummer. Hope you don't have to wait until spring although there could be worse places to be stranded. I take it there is no travel down that road during the winter.

Go get some boards to use for traction or cut down a few small trees, may work.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

I don't see the cutting of trees going well. Sounds like the recovery is going to be a lot of work, make sure to take pics.

Any chance to go get some chains from the Napa or Vons, that might help driving it out. I almost got stuck there last month after pulling out two stuck vehicles from that road.
    -Jc1996 SR5 4WD 5SPD 4RunnerStock till 213,000 milesSonoran SS rear brake line|Sonoran diff drop|Sonoran Panhard drop bracket|SAW 2.5 C/O's|OME891-N86|Magnaflow 24|Deckplate Mod|Trueflow Airfilter|BruceTS Rear Bumper|Airaid MIT|Shrockworks Front Bumper|Trail-mart 67 sliders

Hop on Marlin and see if any locals can go give you a pull......
    http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php

Got it out! Was billed for 3 hours that included loading the lowbed and driving out, actual recovery took about 20 minutes. Tow trucks would have never gotten to it without getting stuck themselves. I used Chuck Villar Const. (760)934-2114 here in Mammoth Lakes, they usually do snow clearing.

The loader simply drove in, no problem at all and we hooked a chain and dragged it backwards all the way out.

So total cost was $450 and I didn't get pictures, just too tired from not much sleep. Hopefully ski conditions tomorrow will be better to make up for not going today.

I've been there man, did something in my 4runner very similar. Especially when the temperature is very close to freezing the snow is super slick!
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

This kinda thing is all the more reason one day when i build up an expedition style rig to have a movable winch andhave points front and rear.

Glad you got it out, but man thats a hefty bill.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast