Thread: Questions on 22r

Questions on 22r

Im looking a buying a truck that I found online. The seller failed to mention the year model but I'm guessing early 90s late 80s. The truck doesn't have a motor. I was wanting to find out if there were different model engines in this time frame or if any 22r will work. I was also hoping someone could tell me where I can find one at a decent price. Any input helps. Thanks guys.

Re: Questions on 22r

If it's a late 80's model, most likely it had the 22re in it. Early 90's we saw the 3.0 v6 come out. You can pretty much swap in any type of Toyota motor depending on your mechanical ability and money, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by YotaGirl
    If it's a late 80's model, most likely it had the 22re in it. Early 90's we saw the 3.0 v6 come out. You can pretty much swap in any type of Toyota motor depending on your mechanical ability and money, of course!
    and trans type

DONT GO WITH A CHEAP JAP ENGINE EXCHANGE COMP. just my .02

I believe the six is more than I want to spend. It has a 5speed tranny. I'm lookin to spend around 1300 but no more than 1500.

It's an 86 model.

It probably had the 22re (efi)and the w56 trans. You will want to put another 22re in. There is a slight possibility that it came with the 22r (carburated). If it did then you will need to get the wiring harness off the donor truck when you swap in the 22re. I've never personally done the efi swap, but I know people who have. It can be tricky, but not impossible. Having the complete wiring harness makes it much easier.