Thread: desert exploring stock friendly run 20100403

desert exploring stock friendly run 20100403

light wheeling and exploring. there are some Indian rock paintings that id like to see for myself and all sorts of interesting things out there. i will update this top post with details

Where: Rodman petroglyphs, Rodman radio tower, soggy dry lake, WW2 bombing target

Trip lenght: 50 miles

Difficulty: 1-2.4 trail-rating

When: 9:00AM valario gas station

CB channel: 14
    GRSM channel: 4

Requirments:
    -working reliable truck
    -full tank of gas(trip is 50 miles)
    -lunch and water
    -one recovery point
    -full size spare tire

Recommended:
    -camera
    -passengers
    -flashlight for any mines of opertunity

[img width=800 height=477]http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww234/troyboy162/daytrip2.png[/img]

Re: desert exploring stock friendly run 20100403

I can't make it. Gotta work that day. If you schedule something a little further out (over a month) I'll make it for sure!
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

updated post with finalized plans

Where is the WW2 bomb target? I've heard about the petroglyphs out there, but not the target.

just south west of soggy dry lake. ive been searching for info on it but havnt found anything about that target in particular. apparently there are others out there that built just like the one at soggy

I may have to go check this out. Do you think we will be back before 2?

i honestly have no idea how longbut i expect it will be after 2 since its 50 miles total. i looked at some of the full day trips ive done out there and they seemed to be around 50 miles. were going to hit that place first though if you wanna just come for half the trip. this is the spot:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=34.453...,0.009484&z=17

OK, I'll have to go out there with you some other time. I don't want to miss the birthday party that starts at 3.

That bomb target looks cool. I wonder if you will be able to see the lines from that close up. There is actually one right next to my new house. I didn't know what it was til you posted up the link to the one you're going to on Saturday. I've driven past it several times and I couldn't see the markings on the ground, but you can sure see them from the satellite image. LOL

should be three or 4 trucks going and that will make for a nice group. anyone else up for it? the weather is supposed to be 65 and sunny!