Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CB Antennas: Firestik II vs Firestik FireFly

Re: CB Antennas: Firestik II vs Firestik FireFly

i stopped using a spring years ago.

there is enough play in the quick disconnect that it moves a little. if i break it tomorrow, i got more than my money's worth out of it, and would buy another in a heart beat.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

ive got a little different set up then most because im roof mounted. you side mounted guys would hate flex because it means its hitting your paint/windows. i need flex to get under branches, but the FS2 is heavy and can can get whiped enough to bend the HD spring completly over and strike my roof. thats alot of force and the momentum of it builds as i a go through rocks. i expect a flexy antenna will still thrash around but likely not half as much on my setup. anyhow i ordered a light weight, cheap, well reviewed:

Everhardt TSM-4

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/e...ntenna-246943/

Navigator

i have a wilson flex side mounted on a medium duty spring, and the thing pretty much doesnt move at all... it never hits the body
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

good stuff Kevin. the FS2 is damn good in the 4' version but the wilson and this everhardt are sopposed to be pretty dang close or equal with there 4' versions. ill post up impressions when i get to using it. hope i didnt take this thread too far off topic, but the firefly is very similar to the wilson and the everhardt. from what i can gather. they would be in this order for weight/flexablity, but i havnt laid hands on any of them
    1. everhardt tsm-*
    2. wilson flex*
    3. firefly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12