Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Laptop Overheats!

Re: Laptop Overheats!

Update..

Last night while working on my final project, and having the computer overheat 5 times I decided to take further action.

Previous when I was pulling it apart, I didn't pull the heatsink from the CPU because I didn't have thermal paste to reapply. In a bit of frustration I decided to pull it anyways. Along the edge of the heatsink that gets air from the fan there was a THICK coating of dust.

I pulled all of the dust off, and replaced everything. Since then it hasn't overheated, and the fan hasn't had to run full blast(quieter).

I used the PC about 4 hours after that.. so it's too early to tell if this has solved the problem, but it's looking promising so far.

Navigator

good job :-D ... i think i need to do this with my lappy too, but its also about time to replace it, so im not sure... heh
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

It's time for me to replace this one as well.

Honestly.. Even though this PC is slow, I don't mind it so much. It would be nice to be able to watch HD on here, or play my old school fav game Quake 3..

The one draw back to this PC is two screws at the bottom of the screen bezel have felt out. Therefore, the bevel is separating, and makes loud popping noises when you open/close the lid. Plus, the battery is no longer working AT all. I don't see a point in spending about $50 on a replacement battery for a PC so old.

I've been thinking about using student loan money to purchase a new lappy..

Navigator

my battery has about 5 minutes life... its pretty much unplug protection :-P ... mine makes a clicking noise with the main system fan, pretty sure its out of balance. the screen hinges are loose, random crashes for no apparent reason (may be a bad PSU).. umm... the list goes on... oh and it heats up a lot worse than it used to

i want a Macbook Pro tho :-P, too bad i dont have $2000 just laying around :-P
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    i want a Macbook Pro tho :-P, too bad i dont have $2000 just laying around :-P
    I want an Envy 14 when they come out next month. Starting price is $999 on those, but I bet that's with a Core i3, and intel integrated graphics. The one I see on the youtube videos has a i5 and an ati card. Oh well, I can't afford even the base at @ 999$.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123