Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ipad

Re: Ipad

i think its cool apple kicked it off. id like to see all netbooks go this route. i want something windows 7 based that can fit in a cargo pocket even with case protection and use 3g/wifi...maybe 7-9 inch wide screen and under $500 with 6 or more hours battery life web surfing. id retire my eee-pc i think.

hp slate is kick ass!

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    While a cool mod, not all that custom or anything. It's not flush fit, or anything. They simply cut the dash and made a cradle for the ipad to sit in. Don't get me wrong, still cool. But not gonna win any custom interior awards or anything.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

The iPad would be a good solution for navigation IF any of the big players (Delorme, ...) build a truly touch-oriented navigation package on it. The problem with the Win versions is that you almost have to have a keyboard setup to operate the nav software efficiently. *Most* of the things you want to do with a nav package while you're on the roll (zooming, panning, and find-me-nearest-gas-station) could be better done on a good touch interface device.

The problem is a) the iPad doesn't have a "real" gps, nor a USB port to connect one (BT would work, maybe), and b) that the uber-navigation-software companies don't appear to be supporting it yet.
    Scott
    2017 blue 4runner ORP / Shrockwork sliders, RCI skids, and a small pile of not-yet-installed bits.
    (Proud recipient of $22,000 in damage within the first five months of ownership. Darnit.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12