Thread: TRD Tundra Fronts Vs. Toytec Ultimate CO's

TRD Tundra Fronts Vs. Toytec Ultimate CO's

Let's compare... I'm debating on swapping my Tundras for some C/O's for a touch more lift up front...

I like the Tundras, especially with the ARB, however I still feel that they are too stiff... What do ya'll think?

School me gentlemen...
    --Chris--<br />Facebook Me!<br />1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited / Sonoran Steel 1.2 Lift / 4Crawler Offroad 2&quot; Body Lift / ProComp 8069 16x8 / 315-75 GoodYear Duratracs / Modified ARB front / BruceTS Rear / WABFAB custom stuffs

Re: TRD Tundra Fronts Vs. Toytec Ultimate CO's

Scooter25 has the toytecs with i think an arb bumper. shoot him a PM

^^ Scott has a Shrockworks bumper, same beast im terms of weight though.
    You'll still be getting the bilstein shock, and if you're spring rate is too high or too low you could swap the coils. Alot of the coil makers will exchange coils as long as they are still fairly new, so you can play around with it some..
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

The standard coil for the ToyTec COs are 600#. Tundra TRDs are about that. I have a friend that has the COs with a Armorology bumper and winch. His coils are 550#
    2000 4runner<br />Fuel Tank Skidplate http://lilskipsoffroad.wordpress.com/

How much lift did you get from the Tundras? Have you considered running OME 883's up front? They seem to be a good fit with an aftermarket bumper, however I don't know how much lift they give. From what I was reading, people like the ride of the 883's, and they don't sag over like the 882's do with an aftermarket bumper.

I didn't get as much as I'd like. Around 2.5-2.75" and I still have a good bit of rake, even with the bumper and sliders. I wish someone near me would swap front coils for a while so I could test them out. I get like zero articulation up front... And the ride is pretty harsh...
    --Chris--<br />Facebook Me!<br />1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited / Sonoran Steel 1.2 Lift / 4Crawler Offroad 2&quot; Body Lift / ProComp 8069 16x8 / 315-75 GoodYear Duratracs / Modified ARB front / BruceTS Rear / WABFAB custom stuffs

^^ click-able ^^

Dylan<br />---------------<br />www.toyteclifts.com<br />dylan@toyteclifts.com

Darrick - I've been talking to Doug about a set you guys have in house there. I'm just working on getting the $$$$ together!!

Sounds good.
    Hit me up for a current discount code when your ready to order: darrick@toyteclifts.com

Dylan<br />---------------<br />www.toyteclifts.com<br />dylan@toyteclifts.com

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4-Dub<br />TRD supercharger,&nbsp; Toytec Coilovers, OME 890&#39;s, 285 Duratracs