Thread: All Pro rear bumper: opinions needed

All Pro rear bumper: opinions needed

Anyone running an All Pro rear bumper? I have the opportunity to buy one used, but am somewhat hesitant since I've heard that the quality isn't as good as Marlin's. Anyone have any experience?

The GOOD: it is local and is selling for $175, which would save me about half the cost once you factor in shipping costs.

The BAD: it already has a dent from where the owner got hung up. I have seen people come down pretty hard on the Marlin and not dent it at all. The dent in the all-pro makes me already question it's strength.

thoughts?
    1986 pickup 4x4 SR5, 5-spd, 33x10.5 BFG KM1 muds, 2" body lift, front and rear lockrights, 4.88s, 4.7 t-case with Dave'z twin stick,  BudBuilt crossmember with 1" drivetrain lift, Downey grille guard and skid plate, TG sliders, MC rear bumper

Re: All Pro rear bumper: opinions needed

buy it and modify it!

from someone who doenst have one, and built his own bumper
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

THEY SUCK! THEY SUCK! THEY SUCK!
    I had one on my truck and would Never put another one on. I can say I love the front but the rear SUCKS!
    If you do buy it cut it apart and sleeve it for strength.

just my .02

wow. pretty passionate about that. How did it suck? Did it not line up properly? Was the steel weak? Poor design? all of the above? thanks
    1986 pickup 4x4 SR5, 5-spd, 33x10.5 BFG KM1 muds, 2" body lift, front and rear lockrights, 4.88s, 4.7 t-case with Dave'z twin stick,  BudBuilt crossmember with 1" drivetrain lift, Downey grille guard and skid plate, TG sliders, MC rear bumper

They are weak. My bumper dented and I didn't even hit it very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by toyNG
    wow. pretty passionate about that. How did it suck? Did it not line up properly? Was the steel weak? Poor design? all of the above? thanks
    All of the above. I twisted the right side up by hitting a small rock and my truck doesn't weigh crap in the rear.

I would look into Marlins or Trail Gears bumpers