Thread: more wheeling in PA on its way

more wheeling in PA on its way

Off-road park design work gets rolling

Published April 09, 2010 11:19 pm - A Pittsburgh firm has been chosen to develop a master plan for an off-highway vehicle park in Northumberland County.

The county Board of Commissioners approved hiring landscape architects and community planners from Pashek Associates to create a proposal to turn 6,000 acres of abandoned coal land in Zerbe, Mount Carmel, East, West and Coal townships into a multi-million-dollar park for off-road vehicles.

The area is already being used by motorcyclists, ATVs and other recreational vehicle riders without any regulation and county officials hope that creating a secure park will attract even more and bring millions of dollars into the local economy.

Off-road park design work gets rolling

By Marcia Moore
    The Daily Item

SUNBURY — A Pittsburgh firm has been chosen to develop a master plan for an off-highway vehicle park in Northumberland County.

The county Board of Commissioners approved hiring landscape architects and community planners from Pashek Associates to create a proposal to turn 6,000 acres of abandoned coal land in Zerbe, Mount Carmel, East, West and Coal townships into a multi-million-dollar park for off-road vehicles.

The area is already being used by motorcyclists, ATVs and other recreational vehicle riders without any regulation and county officials hope that creating a secure park will attract even more and bring millions of dollars into the local economy.

Kathy Jeremiah, county planning department grants manager, said eight consultants bid on the project and Pashek was selected, in large part, because it was involved in building Rock Run ATV Park in western Pennsylvania two years ago.

“They have a lot of experience and come highly recommended,” Commissioner Kurt Masser said.

Pashek will be paid $239,885 from a grant provided to the county by the state Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.

The firm has until Dec. 31 to turn over its master plan, which will identify trails, access roads, a welcome center and other key spots of the park, Jeremiah said.

The public will have an opportunity to get involved and learn more about the project as Pashek officials begin holding meetings this spring.

this will be just a 40 minute drive from Rausch Creek
    Google Map link

here's the firm that is going to do the master plan: http://www.pashekla.com/
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Re: more wheeling in PA on its way

F*&^ING-A!!!

I wonder how close to Paragon it is?
    Cause Rausch Creek is about that far from where Paragon use to be.

More wheeling the better, even though Rausch just acquired that new section of park as well.

Hey thats GREAT news guys! Congrats to the PA folks. Maybe I WILL have to make it up there sometime afterall.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

You guys definitely want to be involved in any way that the public can and make sure they are designing this as not only a ATV park, but an OHV park, and I am sure they are, as it IS 6000 acres... but you guys are going to want to be in on this.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

YAY! ATV, Offroad park, whatever it is I want it!
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX