Apparently this past weekend we picked up this little hitchhiker in the 4Runner's cabin while up in the Sierras. The way we found it was the wife freaked out tonight as it was crawling up the front passenger seatbelt, not too far from our little girl's head.

Specifics, 1cm in size, fuzzy, red marking on the back, but not the typical "U" shaped red semi circle one like the Johnson jumper, more of a red circle with a black "Y" dividing the red up, the bottom of the "Y" being oriented towards the tail section. I did not get to see if it hopped b/c I reacted so quickly.

I'm thinking from the marking it is some sort-of NorthernSierra/Caifornia variant of the Johnson Jumper, not really poisonous per-say, but I saved it in a ziplock and threw it into the freezer to take to the doctor tomorrow just in case since both the little one and I were bitten by something this w/e.

*Sorry for the p.o.s. cell shot, this is from when I first got to it, and now it's covered in frost/ice so I am not gonna thaw it out possibly making the sample useless for the doctor.