Thread: looking for leather seat bottoms for a 92 4runner

looking for leather seat bottoms for a 92 4runner

does anyone have any leather seat bottoms for a 92 toyota 4runner ? my backs are perfect
    92 toyota 4runner sr5 v6 , 74 plymouth duster project

Re: seats 4 part 2

Depending on color honestly the only place that might be able to help you for a used set would be ToyConnection in California. (408)988-4040 speak with Jeff, the owner.

If they're out, the best reproduction I have seen, hands down, and mostly for the 80-series crowd is another "Shane" I know at Metric TLC: http://forum.ih8mud.com/metric-tlc/

He's a member and vendor in good standing on iH8mud.com. Get in touch with him there.

I didn't even know they had leather seats in '92 4Runners. I thought '94 was the first year.

Learn something every day I guess.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

lol hell it could be vinyl but i was told leather . they look factory , i wanted to take everything out and change them to cloth but i just now pulled the seat covers off and found the seat to be in quite good shape , the backs are perfect but with some ware , the fronts are great as far as the backs go its just the bottoms that are messed up

You can't tell if it's vinyl or leather? FWIW, vinyl will have a more rubbery feel. Are they cracked? If they are not cracked I'd guess vinyl, it'd take an act of god to keep that leather non cracked for almost 20 years. You should see the leather in my dads 3rd gen, starting to crack even though we (used to) take care of it meticulously.

Good luck on you're seat hunt, check in a wrecker near Barstow / yermo Ca, I just watched a 2nd gen get destroyed yesterday.
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Why not just find my seat lower swap thread on iH8mud and do that then??

Go out and get yourself a matching set of R/H lowers and goto town??

re: http://forum.ih8mud.com/79-95-toyota...ap-lowers.html

ok i do have leather , lol my seats have more cracks then a NJ interstate . i am looking at doing the seat bottom swap . that is why i put the thread up was to see if anyone had switched seats and might have some good bottoms left over . even if they are a different color that may not be a problem if i can get the dye to spray everything 1 color . not sure how the rattle can works on leather . i have used it on plastic and stuff but not on leather . i might need to go ppg or dupont for the dye

ok and on my last comment still stands bnuuuuutttt . i did go to a toyota salvage yard today . he has 3 or 4 good sets of grey cloth seats , no tears or anything for 250 bucks that includes matching back seats . what sounds better to ya'll ? get new bottoms or go with a complete change . for 300 i can get the seats and a new dash pad to replace my cracked on and a new center armrest .

Re: looking for leather seat bottoms for a 92 4runner

That isn't a bad deal at all. 300 for a dash pad and 4 complete seats? I need to find me a place like that.

Oh, if you decide to swap your seats, try to get the "sport" ones with the adjustable lumbar support. They are way more comfy than the regular seats (like what I have).
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Re: looking for leather seat bottoms for a 92 4runner

i really am not going to be picky as far as the seats go . I understand comfort and all that but i really just want a nice looking interior . it is going to get messed up anyway with country driving , camping and all that . i know it may sound stupid but i still would rather have nice looking interior . maybe it will give my 4runner alot less of that "USED " appearance