Thread: Newbie questions for 2003 4Runner

Newbie questions for 2003 4Runner

Couple questions about my 2003 4Runner:

1) Is it difficult to change the brake pads? Anything special required?
    ref: I've changed pads many times on my motorcycles, but never on a car. Owners Manual says that some sort of adjustment is required for the rear, after pad change.
    2) Is there an On-line parts schematic available, which would show me a exploded view of all the parts on this vehical, with the part numbers listed so that I can re-order them when needed?
    3) How do I reset (turn off) the Yellow "Maint" light on the dash, after having done an oil change?
    4) Is there an inexpensive Clymer-type Maintenance Manual available? Toyota said that they only know of the offical Toyota Service Manual, which costs about $300!

Re: Newbie questions for 2003 4Runner

Welcome

1) Havent had the (dis)pleasure of doing it myself, but looks the same as any other disc brake job.
    2) http://www.toyodiy.com/ -- best parts listing site I've ever seen... comes with prices!
    having your vin handy makes that site better!
    3) to reset the maint light:
    1. Turn ignition switch to "ON" position
    2. Set odometer/trip display to "ODO" mode
    3. Turn ignition switch to "OFF" position
    4. Depress and hold the Trip Meter "RESET" button while turning the ignition switch to the "ON" position
    5. The service maintenance reminder light will:

i. Illuminate solidly for 3 seconds
    ii. Blink for 2 seconds
    iii. Illuminate solidly for 1 second
    iv. Turn off

6. Release the Trip Meter "RESET" button
    7. Turn the ignition switch to the "OFF" position
    8. Turn the ignition to the "ON" position and confirm that the service maintenance reminder light goes out.
    4) You can find the FSM available for download around the web... I'll see if I can find mine and upload it for you.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Re: Newbie questions for 2003 4Runner

THANKS!!!

That helps a lot.