Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 Custom 3/4" wheel spacers for 3rd gen 4Runner/Tacoma, $150 Shipped

Re: 4 Custom 3/4" wheel spacers for 3rd gen 4Runner/Tacoma, $150 Shipped

Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

new here i know its been 2 years since this thread was posted. but are you still fabricating them???

No, it's just too much trouble getting them fabricated and shipped for basically $25 on my end. Just get Spidertrax.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Dang it, I didn't notice this thread was old...I was ready to send money your way. Too bad you aren't still making these.

Not sure if this is appropriate or not but I did find that BORA makes Toyota hub centric spacers from 3/4" through 2" and there is a current group buy (25% off) on "another" forum. I joined just to get in on the deal, which expires soon.

LINKY LINKY

hmm....kinda tempting, but I still have my reservations about running spacers. Many seem to do it without problems, but I dunno.

I may eventually bump up to 285s on my factory rims, so I may have to think about going with a 1" spacer or so. Or, I could just spend a bit more and get some nice UCAs.

I need a job.
    Last edited by DHC6twinotter; 06-13-2013 at 12:33 PM.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

A 1 or 1.25" spacer will bring a factory alloy out the edge of the fender flare on a SR5/Limited with the large flares and allow you to run 285s.

A spacer like this with full lug length is safe:

However I wouldn't personally use this type: (where you don't get full thread engagement)

Dan you can run 285 on stock everything without much problem. They will rub at full droop a bit but you just end up taking the paint off your uca.since we don't desert race or jump the contact is at low speeds and is not harmfull.

If you have fender flares, spacers will bring the tires out even with the flare.

1.25" spacers, OEM 5-spoke wheels, SR5/Limited flares:

My wheels and tires are buried in the wheelwells:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12