Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rear coild springs for 92 4 runner

rear coild springs for 92 4 runner

i was told that the springs from a lexus land cruiser woulf fit on the rear of my 4 runner to bring it back to factory height and maybe 1/2 higher . what i wasnt told was , is it front springs or rear springs ? the lexus i was told has coils all the way around . so which ones do i need to order i am only really looking to keep good height on my 31's i MIGHT go 32's . or 275-75-16's if i can ever get me some 16 inch wheels
    92 toyota 4runner sr5 v6 , 74 plymouth duster project

Re: rear coild springs for 92 4 runner

its the rear springs of the fj80 and lexus lx450 but i dont know more then that

Yeah, it's the rear springs of a lexus or landcruiser but it will be a bit higher than 1/2" over stock
    My signature

It'll be way higher than 1/2" over stock. Even after cranking the front tbars the rear will still be high. I'd recommend finding some downey springs if you can, OME springs or spacers.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

i am already sagging in the rear some . how much higher would it be ? i am trying to do this on a budget so i can usually get oem springs alot cheaper than the aftermarket stuff . is there a heady duty option like if you were ordering it for snow plow usage or stuff like that . i know that usually beefs up the front but i have seen in some cases where it boosts the back too . like i said i am really not looking for extreme . but my bars have already been turned some and the springs in the rear are sagging .
    92 toyota 4runner sr5 v6 , 74 plymouth duster project

you definately need new shocks and a panhard drop bar if you go with the cruiser coils, so I'm not sure how "budget" they are.
    My signature

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by newyotaowner
    i am already sagging in the rear some . how much higher would it be ?
    on my 91, im up about 4.5 inches in the back (from my saggy rear) with my cruiser coils... i have bj spacers in the front and im still raked a bit...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

kevin post up some picks of your rig. that thing has a nice stance the way you have it set up.

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    you definately need new shocks and a panhard drop bar if you go with the cruiser coils, so I'm not sure how "budget" they are.
    They are fairly budget... i did my entire lift for <$500 including bj spacers, panhard drop, and 4 new shocks.

@Troy - i dont have any good pictures of it... right now... i guess i could go take some...
    - Kevin

Navigator

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ara/22apr2010/

keep in mind, that this is with 33" tires, 2" BJ Spacers in the front. The top of my truck is almost exactly 6 Feet high. (im 6&#39;3" and its right about eye level)

this is not a "return to stock" setup
    - Kevin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast