Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rear coild springs for 92 4 runner

Re: rear coild springs for 92 4 runner

The landcruiser springs are too much if you just want to level it out. I have them and it raised my rear end 2.5". Plus you'll have to do some other mods if you don't want to drive around with it all offset and the brakes not working right. I had All Pro springs in the rear when I got my truck and that was level. So you might look into something like that if you don't want added height. If you do end up going with the landcruiser springs, you will need a bigger tire than 31's. They'll look really small in my opinion.

This is mine level in the rear with all pro springs and no jacking of the torsion bars, with 32's.

And This is mine 2.5" taller with land cruiser springs in rear and ball joint spacers in the front, plus the torsion bars jacked, with 32's still.

The other thing is that your ride is going to be a lot more stiff if you jack the torsion bars.
    The springs should come from the rear of the landcruiser though.
    If I had to do it over, I might have gone with leaf springs in the rear and ball joint spacers in the front.

But it's really up to your taste, so you just have to figure out what you want.
    1990 v6 4runner
    Engine: Chevy 4.3 Vortec/Edelbrock Performer Intake & Carburetor
    Front: Trail Gear 3in. Lift Leafs / Bilstein Shocks / ARB Air Locker
    Rear: Chevy 63in. Leafs / 3in. blocks / OME Shocks / ARB Air Locker
    Tires: 35 x 12.50 x 15

i like the first picture , that is closer to what i really am looking for . what all was done to the truck ? i dont need outrageous i have some slick mud behind the pastures and a few plases i like going fishing , hunting stuff like that , 31's or 32's is really what i want
    92 toyota 4runner sr5 v6 , 74 plymouth duster project

Quote Originally Posted by newyotaowner
    i like the first picture , that is closer to what i really am looking for . what all was done to the truck ? i dont need outrageous i have some slick mud behind the pastures and a few plases i like going fishing , hunting stuff like that , 31's or 32's is really what i want
    I think you were asking me...

The first pic is totally stock except some after market all pro coil springs in the rear. They are just a better spring with the same height, from my understanding. I didn't have anything in the front and didn't jack the torsion bars. When I measured the distance from the wheel to the body, the truck was completely level. The front measurement was the same as the rear. I think it was 13.25" from the middle top edge of the wheel/rim to the middle of the fender arch.

Those tires are 32x11.50x15 and the wheels are 15x8.5 with some backspacing... I think it was 3.75" or maybe 4"... something like that. You don't need backspacing though.

Just ask if you have any questions...
    1990 v6 4runner
    Engine: Chevy 4.3 Vortec/Edelbrock Performer Intake & Carburetor
    Front: Trail Gear 3in. Lift Leafs / Bilstein Shocks / ARB Air Locker
    Rear: Chevy 63in. Leafs / 3in. blocks / OME Shocks / ARB Air Locker
    Tires: 35 x 12.50 x 15

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12