Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roll Over on Heart Attack Hill in Anza Borrego

Roll Over on Heart Attack Hill in Anza Borrego

I saw this one my of my local club's website. It's a good reminder to how dangerous 4-wheeling can be.
    4-Wheel Roll Over Accident Part 1 Heart Attack Hill Anza Borrego Springs

I too sometimes take my seatbelt off to get a better view of an obstacle. That and make sure you strap everything down inside your vehicles in case of a rollover!

Re: Roll Over on Heart Attack Hill in Anza Borrego

That spotter sucked, and she needs to wear her seatbelt..
    Glad she'll recover though
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Navigator

wow... thats scary... X2 on the spotter, but its easy to point fingers after a disaster. If nothing had happened, then no one would care.

Thank God for 2 things, 1: she will make a full recovery, and 2: she was alone in the jeep...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

I have a lot of opinions on this...all of them bad. Remind me not to go wheeling with that club.
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Marc P
    I have a lot of opinions on this...all of them bad. Remind me not to go wheeling with that club.
    i feel very similar... but like i said, its really easy to point fingers after a disaster :-/ ... there were lots of mistakes made, but there are a lot of mistakes made all the time that dont end up bad as well... at least everyone survived
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

this could happen to anyone of us at any time out on the trail, even with the best planning and spotting and practices, things go wrong.

i wish her a speedy recovery and cudos to the camera person. nice to have a documentation of what happens afterwards.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    this could happen to anyone of us at any time out on the trail, even with the best planning and spotting and practices, things go wrong.

i wish her a speedy recovery and cudos to the camera person. nice to have a documentation of what happens afterwards.
    "Any one of us" would know not to let the passenger side go up that far on the hill, just before she rolled...
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

oh i agree, but ive had a bad spotter before. things happen, and its very easy to arm chair quarterback the thing.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Sean, nice of you to have sympathy for the situation. I counted 3 chances to correct her before she actually rolled....I blame the spotter. His hand signals sucked!
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

oh i agree, and id hit that spotter when i recovered if i was her! he was an idiot and completely unhelpful. there were lots of things that went bad all at once for this to happen. driver inexperience, poor spotter and instructions, etc. it looked like if either of those had been better, this would not have happened. its an unpredictable sport, and that is why we love it. trail is never the same, conditions always change, etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast