Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roll Over on Heart Attack Hill in Anza Borrego

Re: Roll Over on Heart Attack Hill in Anza Borrego

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    Here in the southeast, its pretty universal. We say driver and passenger. No left or right, no hand signals. Just yell it out. Just try to limit it to one spotter though...
    That's how I teach people, verbal commands, DRIVER, PASSENGER, hard to mess up that way. "Go left! I said left! no I mean my left not yours!!!!!"
    i learned this from bruce, and insist that everyone does it for me. even for things like lining up to pull fence posts with my winch, dad knew by then to give me passenger/driver directions. i feel its the most clear direction you can give as a spotter. hand singnals are hard to follow because you are looking at the spotter, looking at your left front tire, looking in your mirrors to see what your rear tires are doing, etc. i think this summer i will buy a handheld CB so verbal instructions can be given over the air.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Navigator

Re: Roll Over on Heart Attack Hill in Anza Borrego

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    i think this summer i will buy a handheld CB so verbal instructions can be given over the air.
    that sounds like a good idea!
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123